Table of Contents
One of the best wide receivers in college football will be on display when Kris Mitchell and the Florida International Panthers (2-1) visit the UConn Huskies (0-2) on Saturday, September 16, 2023.
The Huskies are expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8.5) versus the Panthers. The over/under for this matchup is 43.5 points.
Game Info for UConn vs. Florida International
- Game Day: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UConn Pick Insights
- UConn has covered the spread once in two games this season.
UConn Stats & Insights
- Last year, UConn put up 17.9 fewer points per game (19.4) than Florida International surrendered (37.3).
- UConn collected 149 fewer yards per game (302.9) than Florida International allowed per outing (451.9) last season.
- UConn rushed for 190.9 yards per game last season, just 0.9 fewer yards than the 191.8 Florida International allowed per outing.
- UConn had a 6-1 ATS record and a 4-3 overall record when the team ran for over 191.8 yards last season.
- UConn turned the ball over five more times (21 total) than Florida International forced a turnover (16) last season.
UConn’s Best Players
- Zion Turner had a passing stat line last season of 1,408 yards with a 57.8% completion rate (149-for-258), nine touchdowns, 10 interceptions, and an average of 108.3 yards per game. His rushing stat line was 90 carries for 262 yards and one TD.
- Victor Rosa churned out 635 rushing yards (48.8 per game) and 11 touchdowns last season.
- DeVontae Houston posted 578 rushing yards on 84 carries and three touchdowns last season.
- Aaron Turner collected 57 receptions for 528 yards and three touchdowns last year. He was targeted 72 times, and averaged 40.6 yards per game.
- Kevens Clercius produced last year, grabbing 24 passes for 288 yards and one touchdown. He averaged 22.2 receiving yards per game.
- Justin Joly hauled in 18 passes for 250 yards and two touchdowns, putting up 19.2 yards per game last year.
- Last season Eric Watts racked up six sacks, four TFL and 38 tackles.
- Last season Jackson Mitchell grabbed 100 tackles, seven TFL, four sacks, and one interception.
- Tre Wortham intercepted four passes last year while also totaling 27 tackles and seven passes defended.
Florida International Betting Insights
- Florida International is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- Florida International is 2-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 8.5-point underdogs.
- Out of Florida International’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Florida International Pick Insights
- Florida International put up 18.7 points per game last year, 7.5 fewer than UConn surrendered (26.2).
- Florida International was 3-1 against the spread and 3-1 overall in games when it recorded over 26.2 points last season.
- Florida International collected 57.6 fewer yards per game (322.5) than UConn allowed (380.1) per contest last year.
- When Florida International totaled more than 380.1 yards last year, the team was 2-1 against the spread and 1-2 overall.
- Florida International rushed for 103.8 yards per game last year, 65.9 fewer than the 169.7 UConn allowed per outing.
- Last year Florida International had 19 turnovers, three fewer than UConn had takeaways (22).
Florida International’s Best Players
- Grayson James completed 58.4% of his passes to throw for 1,962 yards and 11 touchdowns last season. He also helped on the ground, tallying three touchdowns while racking up 223 yards.
- Lexington Joseph averaged 44.7 rushing yards per game and accumulated five rushing touchdowns.
- Last season EJ Wilson Jr. rushed for 275 yards. He also scored two total touchdowns.
- Tyrese Chambers was targeted 6.9 times per game and collected 544 receiving yards and four touchdowns over the course of 2022.
- Rivaldo Fairweather averaged 35.5 receiving yards on four targets per game in 2022, scoring three touchdowns.
- Kris Mitchell worked his way to four receiving touchdowns and 352 receiving yards (29.3 ypg) last season.
- Last year Shaun Peterson Jr. collected six sacks, five TFL and 21 tackles.
- Demetrius Hill put together a great stat line last year, tallying 65 tackles, three TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- A year ago Andrew Volmar tallied 22 tackles and one pass defended as well as one interception.