Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Chargers (0-1) go on the road to square off against the Tennessee Titans (0-1) at Nissan Stadium on Sunday, September 17, 2023.
The Chargers totaled 23 points per game offensively last year (13th in NFL), and they allowed 22.6 points per game (21st) on defense. The Titans ranked third-worst in total offense (296.8 yards per game) last season, but they played slightly better on defense, ranking 23rd with 351.6 yards allowed per contest.
Chargers vs. Titans Picks
At the moment, 73.2% of Splash Inc. users are picking the Chargers to win against the Titans on Sunday, with 66.7% expecting the Titans to cover the 3-point spread.
Game Info: Chargers vs. Titans
- Game Day: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Nissan Stadium
Here’s a look at some betting trends for Los Angeles (-3) versus Tennessee on Sunday. The total is set at 45 points for this game.
Game Trends for Chargers
- The Chargers compiled an 11-5-1 ATS record last year.
- The Chargers were favored by 3 points or more eight times last season, and covered the spread in four of those games.
- The Chargers and their opponents combined to go over the point total seven out of 17 times last season.
Stats & Insights for Chargers
- The Chargers averaged 23 points per game last year, comparable to the 21.1 per contest the Titans gave up.
- The Chargers were 8-2 against the spread and 6-4 overall in games when they scored over 21.1 points last year.
- The Titans had a 9-3-1 record against the spread and a 7-6 record overall in games when they allowed less than 23 points last season.
- The Chargers averaged only 7.7 more yards per game (359.3) than the Titans gave up per outing (351.6) last year.
- The Chargers were 8-1-1 against the spread and 6-4 overall when the team piled up over 351.6 yards last season.
- The Titans had a -1 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 359.3 yards last season.
- Last year the Chargers ran for 12.7 more yards per game (89.6) than the Titans allowed per outing (76.9).
- Last season the Chargers had a 7-0 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record in games the team rushed for over 76.9 yards.
- The Titans were -4-1 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 89.6 rushing yards last season.
- Last year the Chargers had 19 turnovers, one fewer than the Titans had takeaways (20).
Best Players for Chargers
- Justin Herbert: 4,739 PASS YDS / 278.8 YPG / 68.2% / 25 TD / 10 INT
- Austin Ekeler: 204 CAR / 915 YDS / 53.8 YPG / 13 TD / 107 REC / 722 YDS / 42.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Joshua Kelley: 69 CAR / 287 YDS / 23.9 YPG / 2 TD / 14 REC / 101 YDS / 8.4 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Williams: 63 REC / 895 YDS / 68.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Josh Palmer: 72 REC / 769 YDS / 48.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Keenan Allen: 66 REC / 752 YDS / 75.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Eric Kendricks: 137 TKL / 8 TFL / 1 SACK / 6 PD
Game Trends for Titans
- Titans posted a 9-7-1 record against the spread last season.
- The Titans had an ATS record of 4-3-1 as underdogs of 3 points or greater last season.
- There were five Titans games (out of 17) that went over the total last season.
Stats & Insights for Titans
- Last year the Titans scored 5.1 fewer points per game (17.5) than the Chargers gave up (22.6).
- The Titans were 3-0 against the spread and 3-0 overall last year when the team recorded over 22.6 points.
- When the Chargers limited opponents to less than 17.5 points last year, they had a 4-1-1 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall.
- The Titans racked up 49.3 fewer yards per game (296.8) than the Chargers gave up per contest (346.1) last season.
- In games that the Titans amassed more than 346.1 yards last year, the team was 3-2 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- When the Chargers kept their opponents to fewer than 296.8 yards last season, they had a -1-1 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last season the Titans racked up 125.4 rushing yards per game, 20.4 fewer than the Chargers allowed per outing (145.8).
- When the Titans rushed for more than 145.8 yards last season they had a 3-1 ATS record and a 1-3 overall record.
- Last season, the Chargers were -1 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to less than 125.4 yards on the ground.
- The Titans had 23 giveaways last season, while the Chargers had 24 takeaways.
Best Players for Titans
- Ryan Tannehill: 2,536 PASS YDS / 211.3 YPG / 65.2% / 13 TD / 6 INT
- Derrick Henry: 349 CAR / 1,538 YDS / 96.1 YPG / 13 TD / 33 REC / 398 YDS / 24.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Malik Willis: 27 CAR / 123 YDS / 17.6 YPG / 1 TD
- DeAndre Hopkins: 64 REC / 717 YDS / 79.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Chris Moore: 48 REC / 548 YDS / 36.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Chigoziem Okonkwo: 32 REC / 450 YDS / 28.1 YPG / 3 TD
- Kevin Byard: 106 TKL / 4 INT / 6 PD