Table of Contents
Star runner Jordan Waters and the Duke Blue Devils (3-0) play the UConn Huskies (0-3) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field.
The Blue Devils are expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -21.5) versus the Huskies. The over/under for this matchup is 48 points.
Game Info for Duke vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Duke Pick Insights
- Duke has covered the spread twice in two games this season.
- In Duke’s two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Duke Stats & Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, Duke ranks 36th in the FBS with 458.7 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 40th in total defense (300.7 yards allowed per contest).
- On the defensive side of the ball, Duke has been a top-25 unit, ranking fifth-best by surrendering just 9.3 points per game. The offense ranks 40th (36 points per game).
- Duke sports the 86th-ranked offense this year in terms of passing yards (216 passing yards per game), and has been more effective on defense, ranking 11th-best with only 153 passing yards allowed per game.
- On offense, Duke has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best in the FBS by compiling 242.7 per game. The Blue Devils rank 90th on defense (147.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Duke sports the 41st-ranked third-down offense this season (46.9% third-down conversion rate), but has been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 20th-worst with a 47.7% third-down percentage allowed.
- With six forced turnovers (25th in the FBS) against three turnovers committed (32nd in the FBS), Duke’s +3 turnover margin is the 22nd-best in college football.
Duke’s Best Players
- Riley Leonard leads Duke with 530 yards (176.7 ypg) on 44-of-65 passing with one touchdown and zero interceptions this season. He also has 208 rushing yards on 25 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Waters, has carried the ball 32 times for 240 yards (80 per game), scoring five times. He’s also caught four passes for 56 yards.
- Jalon Calhoun’s leads his squad with 182 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 14 receptions (out of 21 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Jordan Moore has hauled in 12 receptions totaling 160 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Nicky Dalmolin has hauled in six grabs for 80 yards, an average of 26.7 yards per game.
- Aaron Hall has collected 1.5 sacks to pace the team, while also recording six tackles.
- Duke’s top-tackler, Chandler Rivers, has 20 tackles this year.
- Myles Jones leads the team with two interceptions, while also recording six tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn is 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- None of UConn’s three games with a set total this year have gone over the total.
UConn Pick Insights
- UConn ranks 18th-worst in total yards per game (314), but it has been better defensively, ranking 83rd in the FBS with 374 total yards allowed per contest.
- UConn ranks ninth-worst in points per game (15), but it has been more effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 91st in the FBS with 27.7 points allowed per contest.
- From an offensive perspective, UConn is putting up 186.3 passing yards per contest (106th-ranked). It ranks 41st in the FBS defensively (194.3 passing yards allowed per game).
- UConn ranks 97th in rushing yards per game (127.7), but it has been less effective on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 19th-worst in the FBS with 179.7 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, UConn is generating a 43.8% third-down conversion rate (58th-ranked). It ranks 89th in the FBS defensively (42.2% third-down rate allowed).
- UConn has forced one turnover this season and have turned it over four times, leading to a -3 turnover margin that is 23rd-worst in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Ta’Quan Roberson has thrown for 386 yards (128.7 per game) while completing 54.8% of his passes and collecting three touchdown passes with one interception this season.
- DeVontae Houston has rushed 33 times for 159 yards. He’s also tacked on four catches for 59 yards and one touchdown.
- Victor Rosa has run for 150 yards across 28 attempts, scoring two touchdowns.
- Brett Buckman has racked up 174 receiving yards on 16 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- Cameron Ross has racked up 112 receiving yards (37.3 yards per game) on 10 receptions.
- Justin Joly has racked up 109 reciving yards (36.3 ypg) this season.
- Tui Faumuina-Brown has racked up one sack to pace the team, while also picking up two TFL and eight tackles.
- UConn’s leading tackler, Jackson Mitchell, has 26 tackles, one TFL, and 0.5 sacks this year.