Table of Contents
On Saturday at 12:00 PM ET, the Florida State Seminoles (3-0) will visit the Clemson Tigers (2-1).
The Tigers are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2), versus the Seminoles (with an over/under of 55 points).
Game Info for Florida State vs. Clemson
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Berkeley, California
- Stadium: Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Florida State Pick Insights
- Florida State is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Florida State is 1-1 against the spread when favored by 2 points or more this season.
- In Florida State’s three games with a set total, all have hit the over.
Florida State Stats & Insights
- Florida State is compiling 462.7 yards per game on offense, which ranks 33rd in the FBS. Defensively, the Seminoles rank 101st, allowing 391.7 yards per contest.
- On offense, Florida State has been a top-25 unit, ranking seventh-best in the FBS by totaling 47.3 points per game. The Seminoles rank 62nd on defense (22 points allowed per game).
- Florida State is compiling 273 passing yards per game on offense (38th in the FBS), and ranks 108th defensively with 268.7 passing yards allowed per game.
- Florida State ranks 36th in run offense (189.7 rushing yards per game) and 65th in run defense (123 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Florida State is averaging a 41.7% third-down conversion rate offensively this year (66th in the FBS), and is giving up a 33.3% third-down conversion rate (38th) on the other side of the ball.
- With four forced turnovers (63rd in the FBS) against three turnovers committed (32nd in the FBS), Florida State (+1) has the 47th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Florida State’s Best Players
- Jordan Travis has been a dual threat for Florida State so far this season. He has 729 passing yards, completing 64.3% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s rushed for 96 yards (32 ypg) on 17 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Trey Benson has carried the ball 35 times for a team-high 194 yards on the ground and has found the end zone four times as a runner.
- Johnny Wilson’s leads his squad with 209 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 11 receptions (out of 21 targets).
- Keon Coleman has hauled in 12 passes while averaging 56.7 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Jaheim Bell has a total of 125 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in seven passes and scoring two touchdowns.
- Kalen DeLoach paces the team with 2.5 sacks, and also has three TFL and 10 tackles.
- Tatum Bethune is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s collected 12 tackles and one TFL.
- Renardo Green leads the team with one interception, while also recording nine tackles, 0.5 sacks, and one pass defended.
Clemson Betting Insights
- Clemson is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In Clemson’s two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Clemson Pick Insights
- Clemson has been a top-25 unit on both sides of the ball this season, as it ranks 20th-best in total yards per game (489.3) and seventh-best in total yards allowed per game (246.7).
- Clemson’s offensive attack has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 20th-best in the FBS with 40.3 points per contest. In terms of defense, it is allowing 19.7 points per game, which ranks 48th.
- Clemson has been excelling on pass defense, giving up only 148.7 passing yards per contest (ninth-best). On offense, it ranks 39th in the FBS by piling up 272.7 passing yards per game.
- Clemson’s rushing attack has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 16th-best in the FBS with 216.7 rushing yards per contest. In terms of defense, it is allowing 98 rushing yards per game, which ranks 35th.
- Clemson’s third-down defense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 19th-best in the FBS with a 29.8% third-down conversion percentage allowed. In terms of offense, it is putting up a 48.7% third-down rate, which ranks 31st.
- Clemson has produced seven forced turnovers (10th in the FBS) and committed six turnovers (98th in the FBS) this season for a +1 turnover margin that ranks 47th in the FBS.
Clemson’s Best Players
- Cade Klubnik leads Clemson with 693 yards on 71-of-107 passing with eight touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 63 rushing yards (21 ypg) on 23 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Will Shipley has rushed 36 times for 225 yards. He’s also tacked on 11 catches for 58 yards and one touchdown.
- Phil Mafah has collected 166 yards (on 25 carries) with three touchdowns.
- Beaux Collins has racked up 197 receiving yards on 13 receptions to pace his team so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- Antonio Williams has put up a 145-yard season so far with two touchdowns. He’s caught 15 passes on 20 targets.
- Tyler Brown has racked up 79 reciving yards (26.3 ypg) and two touchdowns this season.
- Xavier Thomas has one sack to pace the team, and also has one TFL.
- Clemson’s leading tackler, Jeremiah Trotter Jr., has 13 tackles and one TFL this year.
- Wade Woodaz has a team-high two interceptions to go along with three tackles and two passes defended.