Table of Contents
Nate Noel will lead the Appalachian State Mountaineers (2-1) into their battle against the Wyoming Cowboys (2-1) at Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium, on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET.
The Cowboys are slight favorites (-2.5) in their matchup against the Mountaineers, with the over/under being 44 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Cowboys are -135 and the Mountaineers are +113.)
Game Info for Wyoming vs. Appalachian State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Laramie, Wyoming
- Stadium: Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wyoming Pick Insights
- Wyoming has covered each spread it has faced this season (2-0-0).
- Wyoming has combined with its opponent to go over in one of two games with a set total (50%).
Wyoming Stats & Insights
- Wyoming is putting up 327.3 yards per game offensively this year (106th in the FBS), and are giving up 363.7 yards per game (75th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- Wyoming ranks 86th in scoring offense (25.3 points per game) and 88th in scoring defense (27 points allowed per game) this season.
- While Wyoming’s pass defense ranks 92nd with 241 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been worse, ranking 14th-worst (162 passing yards per game).
- Wyoming is averaging 165.3 rushing yards per game offensively this year (63rd in the FBS), and is allowing 122.7 rushing yards per game (64th) on the other side of the ball.
- Wyoming ranks 88th in third-down efficiency (37.8%) on offense and 100th in third-down conversion rate allowed (44.9%) on defense this season.
- With four forced turnovers (63rd in the FBS) against five turnovers committed (78th in the FBS), Wyoming (-1) owns the 75th-ranked turnover margin in college football.
Wyoming’s Best Players
- Andrew Peasley has been a dual threat for Wyoming so far this season. He has 350 passing yards, completing 58% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s rushed for 111 yards (37 ypg) on 21 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Sam Scott has 114 rushing yards on 18 carries with one touchdown.
- Wyatt Wieland’s leads his squad with 145 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 13 catches (out of 22 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Ayir Asante has put up a 115-yard season so far with two touchdowns, reeling in five passes on eight targets.
- John Michael Gyllenborg has a total of 67 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in eight passes and scoring one touchdown.
- Cole Godbout leads the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has two TFL and seven tackles.
- Wyoming’s top-tackler, Shae Suiaunoa, has 18 tackles, two TFL, and one sack this year.
- Wrook Brown has a team-high one interception to go along with 10 tackles and one pass defended.
Appalachian State Betting Insights
- Appalachian State has covered the spread twice in three opportunities this year.
- Appalachian State is 1-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Appalachian State has hit the over in all of its three games with a set total.
Appalachian State Pick Insights
- With 451 total yards per game on offense, Appalachian State ranks 38th in the FBS in 2023. Defensively, it ranks 86th, allowing 375.7 total yards per contest.
- Appalachian State’s offense has been leading the way for the team, as it ranks 17th-best in the FBS with 40.7 points per contest. In terms of defense, it is surrendering 30.7 points per game, which ranks 107th.
- From an offensive perspective, Appalachian State is generating 253.3 passing yards per contest (55th-ranked). It ranks 51st in the FBS on defense (200 passing yards given up per game).
- Appalachian State ranks 30th in rushing yards per game (197.7), but it has been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking 23rd-worst in the FBS with 175.7 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, Appalachian State ranks 60th in the FBS (43.2% third-down conversion percentage) and 104th on defense (45.2% third-down rate allowed).
- Appalachian State has fared really well in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +3 ranks 22nd-best in the FBS, with six forced turnovers (25th in the nation) and three turnovers committed (32nd in the nation).
Appalachian State’s Best Players
- Joey Aguilar leads Appalachian State with 690 yards on 50-of-85 passing with nine touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 63 rushing yards (21 ypg) on 15 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Noel is his team’s leading rusher with 76 carries for 422 yards, or 140.7 per game. He’s found paydirt four times on the ground, as well.
- Maquel Haywood has taken 26 carries and totaled 88 yards.
- Kaedin Robinson has racked up 154 receiving yards on 10 catches to pace his team so far this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- DaShaun Davis has nine receptions (on 14 targets) for a total of 143 yards (47.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Dalton Stroman has racked up 100 reciving yards (33.3 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Andrew Parker paces the team with one sack, and also has one TFL and 22 tackles.
- Nicholas Ross is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s collected 24 tackles and one interception.
- Omari Philyaw has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has one pass defended to his name.