Table of Contents
The Dallas Cowboys (12-5) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-9) square off in the NFC Wild Card round of the NFL Playoffs at Raymond James Stadium on Monday, January 16, 2023.
The Cowboys rank 11th in total offense (354.9 yards per game) and 12th in total defense (330.2 yards allowed per game) this season. The Buccaneers rank 25th in the NFL with 18.4 points per game on offense, and they rank 13th with 21.1 points ceded per game on the defensive side of the ball.
Cowboys vs. Buccaneers Picks
At the moment, 57.7% of BetterPool users are picking the Cowboys to win against the Buccaneers on Monday, with 53.2% expecting the Buccaneers to cover the 2.5-point spread.
For all your best pick data from America’s #1 independent pool site, head here.
Game Info: Cowboys vs. Buccaneers
- Game Day: Monday, January 16, 2023
- Game Time: 8:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC/ESPN
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
Dallas is a 2.5-point favorite over Tampa Bay on Monday and the over/under is set at 45.5 points. Here’s some betting insights and trends before making an informed wager on the outing.
Betting Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys have posted a 10-7-0 record against the spread this season.
- In games this season they were favored by 2.5 points or more, the Cowboys have a 6-5 record against the spread.
- Cowboys games with a set total have hit the over nine times this season (52.9%).
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys rank 11th in total offense (354.9 yards per game) and 12th in total defense (330.2 yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Cowboys have been finding success on both sides of the ball, ranking fourth-best in scoring offense (27.5 points per game) and fifth-best in scoring defense (20.1 points allowed per game).
- The Cowboys are compiling 219.8 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 14th in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank eighth, giving up 200.9 passing yards per contest.
- The Cowboys are averaging 135.2 rushing yards per game on offense (ninth in the NFL), and they rank 22nd defensively with 129.3 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Cowboys rank ninth in third-down defense this season (37.7% third-down conversion rate allowed), but they’ve been playing really well on the offensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the NFL with a 45.5% third-down percentage.
- This season, the Cowboys are putting up 5.6 yards per play (15th in the league), while surrendering 5.4 per play on the defensive side of the ball (seventh in the NFL).
- The Cowboys own the second-best turnover margin in the league at +10, forcing 33 turnovers (first in NFL) while turning it over 23 times (17th in NFL).
Best Players for Cowboys
- Dak Prescott: 2,860 PASS YDS / 238.3 YPG / 66.2% / 23 TD / 15 INT / 45 CAR / 182 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Tony Pollard: 193 CAR / 1,007 YDS / 62.9 YPG / 9 TD / 39 REC / 371 YDS / 23.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Ezekiel Elliott: 231 CAR / 876 YDS / 58.4 YPG / 12 TD / 17 REC / 92 YDS / 6.1 YPG / 0 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 107 REC / 1,359 YDS / 79.9 YPG / 9 TD
- Dalton Schultz: 57 REC / 577 YDS / 38.5 YPG / 5 TD
- Noah Brown: 43 REC / 555 YDS / 34.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Micah Parsons: 65 TKL / 14 TFL / 13.5 SACK / 3 PD
- Donovan Wilson: 99 TKL / 7 TFL / 5 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
- Daron Bland: 52 TKL / 1 TFL / 5 INT / 7 PD
Betting Insights for Buccaneers
- So far this season, the Buccaneers have compiled a 4-12-1 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers are winless against the spread (0-3) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- Six of the Buccaneers’ 17 games with a set total have hit the over (35.3%).
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers rank 15th with 346.7 total yards per game on offense, and they rank ninth with 324.3 total yards surrendered per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive perspective, the Buccaneers are accumulating 18.4 points per contest (25th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (21.1 points surrendered per game).
- The Buccaneers’ pass defense ranks ninth in the NFL with 203.6 passing yards allowed per game, but they’ve been bolstered by their offense, which ranks second-best by compiling 269.8 passing yards per contest.
- The Buccaneers rank worst in rushing yards per game (76.9), but they’ve been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 15th in the NFL with 120.7 rushing yards surrendered per contest.
- The Buccaneers rank 21st in the NFL with a 37.4% third-down conversion percentage on offense, and sixth with a 36.9% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- In terms of yards per play, the Buccaneers rank 26th in the NFL (5.2) and seventh on defense (5.4 yards allowed per play).
- With 20 forced turnovers (20th in NFL) and 22 turnovers committed (15th in NFL) this season, the Buccaneers rank 20th in the NFL with a turnover margin of -2.
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Tom Brady: 4,694 PASS YDS / 276.1 YPG / 66.8% / 25 TD / 9 INT
- Leonard Fournette: 189 CAR / 668 YDS / 41.8 YPG / 3 TD / 73 REC / 523 YDS / 32.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Rachaad White: 129 CAR / 481 YDS / 28.3 YPG / 1 TD / 50 REC / 290 YDS / 17.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Mike Evans: 77 REC / 1,124 YDS / 74.9 YPG / 6 TD
- Chris Godwin: 104 REC / 1,023 YDS / 68.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Vita Vea: 31 TKL / 7 TFL / 6.5 SACK
- Lavonte David: 124 TKL / 10 TFL / 3 SACK / 5 PD
- Jamel Dean: 54 TKL / 1 TFL / 2 INT / 8 PD