Table of Contents
Brock Bowers will lead the Georgia Bulldogs (3-0) into their matchup versus the UAB Blazers (1-2) at Sanford Stadium on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET.
The Bulldogs are expected to come out on top by at least two touchdowns (currently -41.5) against the Blazers. The over/under for this matchup is 53.5 points.
Game Info for Georgia vs. UAB
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN2
- Location: Athens, Georgia
- Stadium: Sanford Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Georgia Pick Insights
- Georgia has not covered the spread in a game yet this season (0-2-1).
- Georgia has not yet covered the spread as favorites of 41.5 points or more this season (0-1-1).
- None of Georgia’s three games with a set total this season have gone over the point total.
Georgia Stats & Insights
- Georgia has been shining on both offense and defense, ranking 25th-best in total offense (467.7 yards per game) and 15th-best in total defense (264.3 yards allowed per game).
- On defense, Georgia has been a top-25 unit, ranking third-best by giving up just 8 points per game. The offense ranks 30th (39 points per game).
- Offensively, Georgia has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking 14th-best in the FBS by averaging 318.7 per game. The Bulldogs rank 28th on defense (177 passing yards allowed per game).
- On defense, Georgia has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking 23rd-best by giving up just 87.3 per game. The Bulldogs rank 76th on offense (149 rushing yards per game).
- On the defensive side of the ball, Georgia has been a top-25 unit in terms of third-down efficiency, ranking 10th-best by surrendering a 26.2% third-down percentage. The team’s offense ranks 60th (43.2% third-down percentage).
- Georgia has the seventh-best turnover margin in college football at +5, forcing six turnovers (25th in the FBS) while turning it over one time (third in the FBS).
Georgia’s Best Players
- Carson Beck has 846 yards passing for Georgia, completing 74% of his passes and collecting three touchdowns and one interception this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 31 rushing yards (10.3 ypg) on 13 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Daijun Edwards has racked up 118 yards on 20 carries while finding the end zone one time.
- Kendall Milton has carried the ball 23 times for 96 yards (32 per game) and one touchdown.
- Bowers’ 134 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 17 times and has totaled 13 receptions.
- Rara Thomas has caught five passes for 132 yards (44 yards per game) this year.
- Dominic Lovett’s 14 grabs have yielded 110 yards.
- Mykel Williams has two sacks to pace the team, and also has two TFL and three tackles.
- So far Tykee Smith leads the team in both tackles and interceptions. He has totaled 12 tackles, two TFL, and two interceptions this season.
UAB Betting Insights
- UAB has covered the spread once in three games this year.
- Two of UAB’s three games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
UAB Pick Insights
- In terms of total offense, UAB ranks 43rd in the FBS (440.3 total yards per game) and 89th defensively (379.3 total yards allowed per game).
- UAB ranks 66th in points per game (30.3), but it has been less effective defensively, ranking 20th-worst in the FBS with 32 points ceded per contest.
- UAB’s pass offense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 14th-best in the FBS with 318.7 passing yards per contest. In terms of defense, it is surrendering 189.3 passing yards per game, which ranks 36th.
- UAB ranks 103rd in rushing yards per game (121.7), but it has been less effective defensively, ranking 17th-worst in the FBS with 190 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- While UAB’s third-down defense has been sputtering, ranking seventh-worst by ceding a 52.8% third-down conversion rate, its offense ranks 16th-best with a 52.8% third-down rate.
- UAB has compiled five forced turnovers (46th in the FBS) and committed six turnovers (98th in the FBS) this season for a -1 turnover margin that ranks 75th in the FBS.
UAB’s Best Players
- Jacob Zeno has thrown for 956 yards on 98-of-122 passing with six touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He has chipped on the ground, as well, with 94 yards and two rushing touchdowns.
- Isaiah Jacobs is his team’s leading rusher with 27 carries for 127 yards, or 42.3 per game. He’s found the end zone one time on the ground, as well.
- Tejhaun Palmer’s 148 receiving yards (49.3 yards per game) are a team high. He has 12 catches on 17 targets with one touchdown.
- Fred Farrier II has caught six passes and compiled 127 receiving yards (42.3 per game).
- Samario Rudolph’s 17 targets have resulted in 14 receptions for 127 yards and one touchdown.
- Jackson Bratton has two sacks to lead the team, and also has two TFL and 11 tackles.
- Keondre Swoopes, UAB’s top tackler, has 16 tackles this year.
- BJ Mayes leads the team with one interception, while also recording eight tackles and one pass defended.