Table of Contents
Star runner Jordan Waters and the Duke Blue Devils (3-0) play the UConn Huskies (0-3) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field.
The Blue Devils are very big favorites (currently -21.5) in their game versus the Huskies, with the over/under being 45.5 points. (In terms of the moneyline, the Blue Devils are -1924 and the Huskies are +989.)
Game Info for Duke vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Duke Pick Insights
- Duke is 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- One of Duke’s two games with a set total has hit the over (50%).
Duke Stats & Insights
- Duke ranks 36th in total offense (458.7 yards per game) and 40th in total defense (300.7 yards allowed per game) this season.
- Defensively, Duke has been a top-25 unit, ranking fifth-best by surrendering only 9.3 points per game. The offense ranks 40th (36 points per game).
- Duke ranks 86th in passing yards this year (216 per game), but has been playing really well on defense, ranking 11th-best in the FBS with 153 passing yards allowed per game.
- Offensively, Duke has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fifth-best in the FBS by totaling 242.7 per game. The Blue Devils rank 90th on defense (147.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Despite sporting a bottom-25 defense on third down that ranks 20th-worst in the FBS (47.7% third-down conversion rate), Duke has played better on the other side of the ball, ranking 41st in the FBS by putting up a 46.9% third-down percentage.
- With six forced turnovers (25th in the FBS) against three turnovers committed (32nd in the FBS), Duke’s +3 turnover margin is the 22nd-best in college football.
Duke’s Best Players
- Riley Leonard has been a dual threat for Duke so far this season. He has 530 passing yards, completing 67.7% of his passes and tossing one touchdown pass this season. He’s rushed for 208 yards (69.3 ypg) on 25 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- Waters has 240 rushing yards on 32 carries with five touchdowns. He’s also added four catches for 56 yards (18.7 per game).
- Jalon Calhoun’s leads his squad with 182 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 14 catches (out of 21 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Jordan Moore has caught 12 passes for 160 yards (53.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Nicky Dalmolin has been the target of eight passes and compiled six grabs for 80 yards, an average of 26.7 yards per contest.
- Aaron Hall has 1.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has six tackles.
- Chandler Rivers is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s racked up 20 tackles.
- Myles Jones has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has six tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended to his name.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- UConn has not hit the over on a point total in three games with a set over/under.
UConn Pick Insights
- UConn’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit in total offense this season, registering 314 total yards per game, which ranks 18th-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 83rd with 374 total yards allowed per contest.
- UConn’s offense has been bottom-25 this season, compiling 15 points per game, which ranks ninth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 91st with 27.7 points ceded per contest.
- From an offensive standpoint, UConn is compiling 186.3 passing yards per game (106th-ranked). It ranks 41st in the FBS on the other side of the ball (194.3 passing yards given up per game).
- UConn has been struggling against the run, ranking 19th-worst with 179.7 rushing yards given up per game. It has been more productive on offense, regstering 127.7 rushing yards per contest (97th-ranked).
- From an offensive angle, UConn is generating a 43.8% third-down conversion percentage (58th-ranked). It ranks 89th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (42.2% third-down rate allowed).
- UConn has not done well in terms of turnovers, as its turnover margin of -3 is 23rd-worst in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Ta’Quan Roberson has 386 passing yards, or 128.7 per game, so far this season. He has completed 54.8% of his passes and has recorded three touchdowns with one interception.
- DeVontae Houston has run the ball 33 times for 159 yards. He’s also tacked on four catches for 59 yards and one touchdown.
- Victor Rosa has collected 150 yards (on 28 attempts) with two touchdowns.
- Brett Buckman’s 174 receiving yards (58 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 16 receptions on 22 targets with one touchdown.
- Cameron Ross has totaled 112 receiving yards (37.3 yards per game) on 10 receptions.
- Justin Joly has racked up 109 reciving yards (36.3 ypg) this season.
- Tui Faumuina-Brown has collected one sack to pace the team, while also picking up two TFL and eight tackles.
- Jackson Mitchell is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s collected 26 tackles, one TFL, and 0.5 sacks.