Table of Contents
Raymond James Stadium is the venue where the Rice Owls (2-1) will match up against the South Florida Bulls (1-2) on Saturday, September 23, 2023.
The Bulls are underdogs, but by less than a field goal (+2.5), versus the Owls (with an over/under of 58.5 points).
Game Info for Rice vs. South Florida
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Rice Pick Insights
- Rice is 2-0-0 against the spread this season.
- One of Rice’s two games with a set total has hit the over (50%).
Rice Stats & Insights
- Offensively, Rice ranks 79th in the FBS with 377 yards per game. Meanwhile, its defense ranks 72nd in total defense (360 yards allowed per contest).
- Offensively, Rice ranks 37th in the FBS with 37.3 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 93rd in points allowed (360 points allowed per contest).
- Rice is averaging 268 passing yards per game on offense (41st in the FBS), and ranks 79th on the other side of the ball with 221.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- Rice has been a bottom-25 run offense this season, ranking 23rd-worst with 109 rushing yards per game. On the defensive side of the ball, the Owls are ranked 82nd in the FBS (138.7 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Rice is averaging a 46.2% third-down conversion rate on offense, which ranks them 44th in the FBS. On defense, the defense ranks 65th, allowing a 37.8% third-down conversion rate.
- Rice has forced three total turnovers (82nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over five times (78th in the FBS) for -2a turnover margin of -2, 102nd-ranked in college football.
Rice’s Best Players
- JT Daniels has 805 yards passing for Rice, completing 62.4% of his passes and tossing eight touchdowns and three interceptions this season.
- Dean Connors has carried the ball 24 times for a team-high 137 yards on the ground and has found the end zone one time. He’s also tacked on 10 catches for 96 yards (32 per game).
- This season, Juma Otoviano has carried the ball 26 times for 53 yards (17.7 per game), while also racking up 48 yards through the air.
- Luke McCaffrey has hauled in 11 receptions for 171 yards (57 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone four times as a receiver.
- Braylen Walker has caught seven passes while averaging 50.3 yards per game and scoring two touchdowns.
- Kobie Campbell’s four receptions have turned into 103 yards and one touchdown.
- Coleman Coco has collected two sacks to pace the team, while also recording two TFL and 10 tackles.
- Rice’s leading tackler, Plae Wyatt, has 14 tackles this year.
- Tre’Shon Devones leads the team with one interception, while also putting up seven tackles and one pass defended.
South Florida Betting Insights
- South Florida is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- South Florida has a 1-1 record against the spread in games it was an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season.
- South Florida’s two games with a set total this season have all gone under the over/under.
South Florida Pick Insights
- South Florida ranks 74th with 382 total yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 99th with 389.3 total yards given up per game on defense.
- In terms of points scored South Florida ranks 105th in the FBS (21.7 points per game), and it is 89th on defense (27.3 points allowed per contest).
- South Florida has lots of room to get better in the passing game, as it ranks 15th-worst in passing yards per game (162.3) this season and 23rd-worst in passing yards surrendered per game (272.3).
- South Florida’s run defense ranks 54th in the FBS with 117 rushing yards surrendered per game, but it has been carried by its offense, which ranks 14th-best by accumulating 219.7 rushing yards per game.
- South Florida ranks 93rd in the FBS with a 36.8% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 53rd with a 35.7% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- At +1, South Florida owns the 47th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with six forced turnovers (25th in the FBS) and five turnovers committed (78th in the FBS).
South Florida’s Best Players
- Byrum Brown has thrown for 450 yards (150 ypg) to lead South Florida, completing 51% of his passes and collecting four touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 275 yards (91.7 ypg) on 65 carries with four touchdowns.
- Nay’Quan Wright has racked up 41 carries and totaled 210 yards.
- Sean Atkins’ 142 receiving yards (47.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 16 receptions on 23 targets.
- Khafre Brown has six receptions (on 12 targets) for a total of 109 yards (36.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Naiem Simmons has racked up 85 reciving yards (28.3 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Daquan Evans paces the team with three sacks, and also has six TFL and 13 tackles.
- Jhalyn Shuler, South Florida’s tackle leader, has 15 tackles this year.
- Logan Berryhill has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has 11 tackles and two passes defended to his name.