Table of Contents
The Western Michigan Broncos (1-2) will visit the Toledo Rockets (2-1) on Saturday at 1:30 PM ET.
The Broncos are expected to lose by at least two touchdowns (currently +21) against the Rockets (with an over/under of 54 points).
Game Info for Toledo vs. Western Michigan
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 1:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Toledo, Ohio
- Stadium: The Glass Bowl
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Toledo Pick Insights
- Toledo is 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- Toledo has combined with its opponent to hit the over in one of two games with a set total (50%).
Toledo Stats & Insights
- Toledo is averaging 428.7 yards per game on offense this year (47th in the FBS), and are allowing 293.3 yards per game (34th) on the other side of the ball.
- Toledo ranks 36th in scoring defense this season (16.7 points allowed per game), but has been shining on offense, ranking 24th-best in the FBS with 40 points per game.
- Toledo ranks 75th in pass offense (231 passing yards per game) and 30th in pass defense (178.7 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Toledo ranks 30th in run offense (197.7 rushing yards per game) and 51st in run defense (114.7 rushing yards allowed per game) this season.
- Toledo ranks 68th in third-down defense this season (38.5% third-down percentage allowed), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking eighth-best in the FBS with a 56.1% third-down conversion rate.
- With four forced turnovers (63rd in the FBS) against four turnovers committed (61st in the FBS), Toledo’s even turnover margin ranks 59th in college football.
Toledo’s Best Players
- DeQuan Finn has thrown for 554 yards, completing 64.5% of his passes and recording six touchdowns and two interceptions this season. He’s also run for 144 yards (48 ypg) on 36 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Peny Boone has 191 rushing yards on 28 carries with three touchdowns.
- Jerjuan Newton’s team-leading 137 yards as a receiver have come on 12 catches (out of 17 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Junior Vandeross III has grabbed 10 passes while averaging 39.7 yards per game.
- CC Ezirim’s three grabs have turned into 79 yards.
- Judge Culpepper paces the team with four sacks, and also has three TFL and five tackles.
- Toledo’s tackle leader, Dallas Gant, has nine tackles this year.
- Nate Bauer has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has nine tackles and one pass defended to his name.
Western Michigan Betting Insights
- Western Michigan is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Western Michigan has not yet covered the spread as underdogs of 21 points or more this season (0-2).
- Out of Western Michigan’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Western Michigan Pick Insights
- From an offensive angle, Western Michigan is compiling 355.3 total yards per game (90th-ranked). It ranks 97th in the FBS on defense (388 total yards given up per game).
- Western Michigan has lots of room to improve, as it ranks 17th-worst in points per game (17.3) this season and 15th-worst in points surrendered per game (35.3).
- Western Michigan ranks 20th-worst in passing yards per game (171), but it has been better defensively, ranking 90th in the FBS with 235.3 passing yards surrendered per contest.
- From an offensive perspective, Western Michigan is posting 184.3 rushing yards per contest (41st-ranked). It ranks 95th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (152.7 rushing yards surrendered per game).
- Western Michigan is posting a 40% third-down conversion rate on offense this season (74th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing a 43.6% third-down rate (95th-ranked) on defense.
- At -1, Western Michigan owns the 75th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with two forced turnovers (107th in the FBS) and three turnovers committed (32nd in the FBS).
Western Michigan’s Best Players
- Jack Salopek leads Western Michigan with 278 yards on 35-of-50 passing with one touchdown compared to two interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 41 rushing yards (13.7 ypg) on 15 carries.
- Jalen Buckley has rushed for 311 yards on 52 carries so far this year while scoring two times on the ground.
- Zahir Abdus-Salaam has rushed for 115 yards on 35 carries with one touchdown.
- Kenneth Womack has hauled in 132 receiving yards on 10 receptions to pace his squad so far this season.
- Anthony Sambucci has three receptions (on six targets) for a total of 79 yards (26.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Austin Hence’s 13 targets have resulted in 10 catches for 68 yards and one touchdown.
- Mason Nelson has two sacks to pace the team, and also has two TFL and five tackles.
- Tate Hallock is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s amassed 24 tackles and one TFL.
- Anthony Enechukwu has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has one pass defended to his name.