Table of Contents
At 9:00 PM ET on Saturday, the UTEP Miners (1-3) are at home against the UNLV Rebels (2-1).
The Rebels are small favorites (-2.5) in their game against the Miners, with the over/under at 49 points. (On the moneyline, the Rebels are -133 and the Miners are +113.)
Game Info for UNLV vs. UTEP
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: El Paso, Texas
- Stadium: Sun Bowl Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
UNLV Pick Insights
- UNLV has put together a perfect 2-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- One of UNLV’s two games with a set total has hit the over (50%).
UNLV Stats & Insights
- With 440.3 yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 18th-worst in the FBS, UNLV has had to rely on its 94th-ranked offense (347 yards per contest) to keep them in games.
- UNLV is totaling 30.3 points per game offensively this year (66th in the FBS), and is allowing 28.7 points per game (96th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- With 293.3 passing yards allowed per game on defense, which ranks 14th-worst in the FBS, UNLV has had to lean on their 105th-ranked passing offense (190 passing yards per contest) to keep them competitive.
- UNLV is putting up 157 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 69th in the FBS. The team’s defensive unit ranks 87th, giving up 147 rushing yards per contest.
- UNLV ranks 28th in third-down efficiency (48.9%) on offense and 81st in third-down conversion rate allowed (40.9%) on defense this season.
- UNLV ranks 29th in college football with a +2 turnover margin after forcing 6 turnovers (25th in the FBS) while committing four (61st in the FBS).
UNLV’s Best Players
- Jayden Maiava has racked up 369 yards (123 ypg) on 28-of-46 passing with one touchdown compared to one interception this season. In addition, he’s added 55 rushing yards (18.3 ypg) on 11 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- Vincent Davis has carried the ball 14 times for a team-high 114 yards on the ground and has found the end zone one time.
- This season, Jai’Den Thomas has carried the ball 26 times for 111 yards (37 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Ricky White’s 201 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 26 times and has totaled 16 receptions.
- Jacob De Jesus has put together a 158-yard season so far with one touchdown, hauling in 12 passes on 16 targets.
- Senika McKie has been the target of 14 passes and compiled seven receptions for 55 yards, an average of 18.3 yards per contest.
- Jeffae Williams has 1.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has three TFL, 15 tackles, and one interception.
- UNLV’s leading tackler, Jackson Woodard, has 22 tackles this year.
- Williams has a team-leading one interception to go along with 15 tackles, three TFL, 1.5 sacks, and two passes defended.
UTEP Betting Insights
- UTEP has covered the spread once in four games this season.
- UTEP is winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- UTEP has gone over in one of four games with a set total (25%).
UTEP Pick Insights
- UTEP is putting up 359.5 total yards per game on offense this season (86th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is allowing 379.5 total yards per game (90th-ranked).
- UTEP has not been getting things done offensively, ranking eighth-worst in the FBS with 14.8 points per game. It has been more productive on defense, giving up 25 points per contest (80th-ranked).
- From an offensive angle, UTEP is posting 200 passing yards per game (96th-ranked). It ranks 58th in the FBS on defense (204.8 passing yards allowed per game).
- UTEP’s defense has been bottom-25 in run defense this season, surrendering 174.8 rushing yards per game, which ranks 24th-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 68th with 159.5 rushing yards per contest.
- In terms of third-down efficiency, UTEP ranks 96th in the FBS (36% third-down conversion rate) and 103rd defensively (45.1% third-down rate allowed).
- UTEP owns a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, 10th-worst at -5.
UTEP’s Best Players
- Gavin Hardison has recored 722 passing yards, or 180.5 per game, so far this season. He has completed 60.2% of his passes and has collected four touchdowns with four interceptions.
- Deion Hankins has rushed for 289 yards on 55 carries so far this year while scoring one time on the ground.
- Torrance Burgess Jr. has compiled 199 yards on 37 carries with one touchdown, while also catching five passes for 87 yards.
- Tyrin Smith has collected 19 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 191 (47.8 yards per game). He’s been targeted 29 times and has one touchdown.
- Kelly Akharaiyi has put together a 161-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 10 passes on 24 targets.
- Jeremiah Ballard’s 15 targets have resulted in 10 receptions for 158 yards.
- Tyrice Knight, the team’s tackle and sacks leader, has collected 2.5 sacks, three TFL and 36 tackles.
- Trez Moore has picked off a team-high one pass. He also has five tackles and one pass defended to his name.