Table of Contents
Nate Noel will lead the Appalachian State Mountaineers (2-1) into their game against the Wyoming Cowboys (2-1) at Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium, on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET.
The Cowboys are slight favorites (-2.5) in their game against the Mountaineers, with the over/under at 43.5 points. (On the moneyline, the Cowboys are -135 and the Mountaineers are +114.)
Game Info for Wyoming vs. Appalachian State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Laramie, Wyoming
- Stadium: Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wyoming Pick Insights
- Wyoming has compiled a perfect 2-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- In Wyoming’s two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Wyoming Stats & Insights
- Wyoming is compiling 327.3 yards per game on offense (106th in the FBS), and rank 75th on defense, yielding 363.7 yards allowed per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, Wyoming ranks 86th in the FBS with 25.3 points per game. Meanwhile, the team’s defense ranks 88th in points allowed (363.7 points allowed per contest).
- While Wyoming’s pass defense ranks 92nd with 241 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been less successful, ranking 14th-worst (162 passing yards per game).
- Offensively, Wyoming ranks 63rd in the FBS with 165.3 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 64th in rushing yards allowed per contest (122.7).
- Wyoming is averaging a 37.8% third-down percentage on offense, which ranks them 88th in the FBS. On defense, the defense ranks 100th, giving up a 44.9% third-down percentage.
- With four forced turnovers (63rd in the FBS) against five turnovers committed (78th in the FBS), Wyoming’s -1-1 turnover margin ranks 75th in college football.
Wyoming’s Best Players
- Andrew Peasley has been a dual threat for Wyoming so far this season. He has 350 passing yards, completing 58% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes and one interception this season. He’s rushed for 111 yards (37 ypg) on 21 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Sam Scott has racked up 114 yards on 18 carries while finding paydirt one time as a runner.
- Wyatt Wieland’s team-high 145 yards as a receiver have come on 13 receptions (out of 22 targets) with one touchdown.
- Ayir Asante has hauled in five receptions totaling 115 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- John Michael Gyllenborg has a total of 67 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing eight throws and scoring one touchdown.
- Cole Godbout paces the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has two TFL and seven tackles.
- Shae Suiaunoa is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s racked up 18 tackles, two TFL, and one sack.
- Wrook Brown has a team-high one interception to go along with 10 tackles and one pass defended.
Appalachian State Betting Insights
- Appalachian State has covered the spread twice in three opportunities this season.
- When it has played as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season, Appalachian State is 1-0 against the spread.
- Out of Appalachian State’s three games with a set total, the two teams combined to hit the over.
Appalachian State Pick Insights
- In terms of total offense, Appalachian State ranks 38th in the FBS (451 total yards per game) and 86th on defense (375.7 total yards allowed per game).
- Appalachian State’s offense has been excelling, putting up 40.7 points per contest (17th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 107th by allowing 30.7 points per game.
- In terms of passing, Appalachian State ranks 55th in the FBS (253.3 passing yards per game) and 51st on defense (200 passing yards allowed per game).
- Appalachian State has been struggling in run defense, ranking 23rd-worst with 175.7 rushing yards surrendered per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, regstering 197.7 rushing yards per contest (30th-ranked).
- From an offensive standpoint, Appalachian State is generating a 43.2% third-down conversion percentage (60th-ranked). It ranks 104th in the FBS defensively (45.2% third-down rate allowed).
- Appalachian State has a top-25 turnover margin this season, ranking 22nd-best at +3.
Appalachian State’s Best Players
- Joey Aguilar has thrown for 690 yards on 58.8% passing while recording nine touchdown passes with two interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 63 yards with one score.
- The team’s top rusher, Noel, has carried the ball 76 times for 422 yards (140.7 per game) with four touchdowns.
- Maquel Haywood has racked up 88 yards (on 26 attempts).
- Kaedin Robinson has racked up 154 receiving yards on 10 catches to pace his squad so far this season while scoring two touchdowns as a receiver.
- DaShaun Davis has racked up 143 receiving yards (47.7 yards per game) and two touchdowns on nine receptions.
- Dalton Stroman has racked up 100 reciving yards (33.3 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Andrew Parker paces the team with one sack, and also has one TFL and 22 tackles.
- Nicholas Ross is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s picked up 24 tackles and one interception.
- Omari Philyaw has a team-high one interception to go along with one pass defended.