Table of Contents
Star runner Jordan Waters and the Duke Blue Devils (3-0) meet the UConn Huskies (0-3) on Saturday at 3:30 PM ET at Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field.
The Blue Devils are expected to come out on top by at least two touchdowns (currently -21.5) against the Huskies. The over/under for this matchup is 45 points.
Game Info for Duke vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Duke Pick Insights
- Duke has put together a perfect 2-0-0 record against the spread this season.
- One of Duke’s two games with a set total has hit the over (50%).
Duke Stats & Insights
- Duke is putting up 458.7 yards per game on offense this season (36th in the FBS), and are allowing 300.7 yards per game (40th) on the other side of the ball.
- Duke ranks 40th in points scored this season (36 points per game), but has been shining on the defensive side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the FBS with 9.3 points allowed per game.
- Duke ranks 86th in passing yards this year (216 per game), but has been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 11th-best in the FBS with 153 passing yards allowed per game.
- Duke ranks 90th in run defense this year (147.7 rushing yards allowed per game), but has been thriving on the other side of the ball, ranking fifth-best in the FBS with 242.7 rushing yards per game.
- In addition to a 47.7% third-down percentage allowed on defense, which ranks 20th-worst in the FBS, Duke has posted the 41st-ranked third-down percentage (46.9%) on offense.
- Duke has forced six total turnovers (25th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over three times (32nd in the FBS) for a turnover margin of +3, the 22nd-best in college football.
Duke’s Best Players
- Riley Leonard has been a dual threat for Duke so far this season. He has 530 passing yards, completing 67.7% of his passes and tossing one touchdown pass this season. He’s rushed for 208 yards (69.3 ypg) on 25 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Waters, has carried the ball 32 times for 240 yards (80 per game), scoring five times. He’s also caught four passes for 56 yards.
- Jalon Calhoun has hauled in 14 receptions for 182 yards (60.7 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Jordan Moore has hauled in 12 receptions totaling 160 yards, finding the end zone one time as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Nicky Dalmolin’s six grabs are good enough for 80 yards.
- Aaron Hall leads the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has six tackles.
- Chandler Rivers is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s collected 20 tackles.
- Myles Jones has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has six tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended to his name.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn has covered the spread once in three games this season.
- UConn’s three games with a set total this year have all gone under the over/under.
UConn Pick Insights
- UConn has not been getting things done on offense, ranking 18th-worst with 314 total yards per game. It has been more effective on defense, giving up 374 total yards per contest (83rd-ranked).
- UConn’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, putting up 15 points per game, which ranks ninth-worst in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 91st with 27.7 points surrendered per contest.
- With 186.3 passing yards per game on offense, UConn ranks 106th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 41st, giving up 194.3 passing yards per contest.
- UConn’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in run defense this season, surrendering 179.7 rushing yards per game, which ranks 19th-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 97th with 127.7 rushing yards per contest.
- UConn is putting up a 43.8% third-down conversion percentage on offense this season (58th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up a 42.2% third-down rate (89th-ranked) on defense.
- UConn has forced one turnover this season and have turned the ball over four times, leading to a -3 turnover margin that is 23rd-worst in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Ta’Quan Roberson has thrown for 386 yards on 54.8% passing while collecting three touchdown passes with one interception this season.
- DeVontae Houston has rushed 33 times for 159 yards. He’s also tacked on four catches for 59 yards and one touchdown.
- Victor Rosa has been given 28 carries and totaled 150 yards with two touchdowns.
- Brett Buckman has racked up 174 receiving yards on 16 receptions to pace his team so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- Cameron Ross has totaled 112 receiving yards (37.3 yards per game) on 10 receptions.
- Justin Joly has racked up 109 reciving yards (36.3 ypg) this season.
- Tui Faumuina-Brown has racked up one sack to pace the team, while also recording two TFL and eight tackles.
- UConn’s top-tackler, Jackson Mitchell, has 26 tackles, one TFL, and 0.5 sacks this year.