Table of Contents
RJ Harvey will lead the UCF Knights (3-0) into their matchup versus the Kansas State Wildcats (2-1) at Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium, on Saturday at 8:00 PM ET.
The Knights are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+4.5), versus the Wildcats (with an over/under of 52 points).
Game Info for Kansas State vs. UCF
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 8:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Manhattan, Kansas
- Stadium: Bill Snyder Family Football Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Kansas State Pick Insights
- Kansas State is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In games it has played as at least 4.5-point favorites this season, Kansas State is 2-0 against the spread.
- Out of Kansas State’s three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
Kansas State Stats & Insights
- Kansas State is putting up 464.3 yards per game on offense this year (30th in the FBS), and are allowing 314.3 yards per game (49th) on the other side of the ball.
- Kansas State ranks 34th in points scored this season (38 points per game), but has been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 24th-best in the FBS with 14.3 points allowed per game.
- Kansas State is compiling 293.3 passing yards per game on offense (26th in the FBS), and ranks 106th on defense with 264.3 passing yards allowed per game.
- Kansas State owns the 58th-ranked offense this season in terms of rushing yards (171 per game), and has been more effective defensively, ranking fourth-best with only 50 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Kansas State has been a tough opponent for opposing teams on third down, ranking top-25 in both third-down offense (19th-best with a 52.4% third-down conversion rate) and third-down defense (17th-best with a 29.5% third-down percentage allowed) this year.
- Kansas State ranks 75th in college football with a -1 turnover margin after forcing 2 turnovers (107th in the FBS) while committing three (32nd in the FBS).
Kansas State’s Best Players
- Will Howard has thrown for 817 yards (272.3 ypg) to lead Kansas State, completing 66% of his passes and recording eight touchdown passes compared to three interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 59 rushing yards on 21 carries with three rushing touchdowns.
- DJ Giddens has racked up 216 yards on 36 carries.
- Treshaun Ward has collected 168 yards on 37 carries, scoring one time. He’s caught seven passes for 72 yards (24 per game) and one touchdown, as well.
- Phillip Brooks’ 184 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 25 times and has totaled 18 catches and two touchdowns.
- Ben Sinnott has caught 11 passes while averaging 61 yards per game and scoring two touchdowns.
- RJ Garcia II’s 10 catches have yielded 168 yards and one touchdown.
- Khalid Duke has three sacks to pace the team, and also has three TFL and six tackles.
- Austin Moore, Kansas State’s top tackler, has 15 tackles, five TFL, and one sack this year.
- Will Lee III leads the team with one interception, while also recording 12 tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended.
UCF Betting Insights
- UCF is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- In UCF’s three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
UCF Pick Insights
- UCF’s offense has been thriving, putting up 617.7 total yards per game (best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 27th by giving up 284 total yards per game.
- Things have been positive for UCF on both sides of the ball, as it is averaging 40.7 points per game (17th-best) and ceding just 12 points per game (16th-best).
- Things have been going well for UCF on both sides of the ball, as it is putting up 318.3 passing yards per game (16th-best) and surrendering just 166.7 passing yards per game (20th-best).
- UCF’s run offense has been consistently moving the chains, piling up 299.3 rushing yards per game (second-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 55th by surrendering 117.3 rushing yards per game.
- UCF’s third-down defense ranks 34th in the FBS with a 32.6% third-down conversion percentage surrendered, but it has been lifted up by its offense, which ranks 18th-best by posting a 52.6% third-down rate.
- After forcing three turnovers (82nd in the FBS) and turning the ball over five times (78th in the FBS) this season, UCF owns the 102nd-ranked turnover margin of -2.
UCF’s Best Players
- John Rhys Plumlee leads UCF with 553 yards on 38-of-54 passing with three touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He has chipped in with 163 rushing yards (54.3 ypg) on 19 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Harvey, has carried the ball 39 times for 239 yards (79.7 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, hauling in 100 receiving yards (33.3 per game) on five catches with one receiving touchdown.
- Johnny Richardson has piled up 33 carries and totaled 213 yards.
- Kobe Hudson has totaled 15 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 325 (108.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 20 times.
- Javon Baker has 13 receptions (on 21 targets) for a total of 209 yards (69.7 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Malachi Lawrence has racked up two sacks to pace the team, while also picking up two TFL and three tackles.
- Josh Celiscar is the team’s top-tackler this year. He’s racked up 17 tackles and one TFL.
- Corey Thornton leads the team with one interception, while also putting up five tackles and one pass defended.