Table of Contents
On Saturday at 3:30 PM ET, two of the top offensive players in college football will be on show when Jamari Thrash and the Louisville Cardinals (3-0) host Thomas Castellanos and the Boston College Eagles (1-2).
The Cardinals are double-digit favorites (currently -13.5) in their game against the Eagles, with the over/under being 54 points. (On the moneyline, the Cardinals are -623 and the Eagles are +444.)
Game Info for Louisville vs. Boston College
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: ACC Network
- Location: Louisville, Kentucky
- Stadium: L&N Federal Credit Union Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Louisville Pick Insights
- Louisville has covered the spread once in three games this season.
- In games it has played as at least 13.5-point favorites this season, Louisville is 1-0 against the spread.
- Out of Louisville’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Louisville Stats & Insights
- Louisville owns the 60th-ranked defense this year (337 yards allowed per game), and has been better on offense, ranking ninth-best with a tally of 528.7 yards per game.
- Louisville ranks 32nd in scoring offense (38.7 points per game) and 35th in scoring defense (16 points allowed per game) this year.
- Louisville ranks 35th in pass offense (277 passing yards per game) and 84th in pass defense (228 passing yards allowed per game) this year.
- On offense, Louisville has been a top-25 unit in terms of rushing yards, ranking fourth-best in the FBS by averaging 251.7 per game. The Cardinals rank 43rd on defense (109 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Louisville is averaging a 35.3% third-down conversion rate offensively this year (101st in the FBS), and is allowing a 35% third-down conversion rate (50th) on the other side of the ball.
- With six forced turnovers (25th in the FBS) against four turnovers committed (61st in the FBS), Louisville’s +2+2 turnover margin ranks 29th in college football.
Louisville’s Best Players
- Jack Plummer has thrown for 732 yards (244 ypg) to lead Louisville, completing 61.8% of his passes and collecting five touchdown passes compared to four interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 98 rushing yards on 21 carries.
- Jawhar Jordan has carried the ball 32 times for a team-high 344 yards on the ground and has found the end zone four times as a runner. He’s also tacked on five catches for 58 yards (19.3 per game).
- Isaac Guerendo has run for 106 yards (35.3 per game) on 22 carries with one touchdown, while also checking in with 77 yards in the passing game (on six catches).
- Thrash’s 329 yards as a receiver pace the team. He’s been targeted 19 times and has collected 14 receptions and four touchdowns.
- Kevin Coleman Jr. has caught six passes for 103 yards (34.3 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
- Dezmond Tell has collected one sack to lead the team, while also picking up five tackles.
- TJ Quinn, Louisville’s top tackler, has 11 tackles this year.
- Ramon Puryear has picked off a team-leading one pass. He also has four tackles, one TFL, and one pass defended to his name.
Boston College Betting Insights
- Boston College is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- When it has played as at least 13.5-point underdogs this season, Boston College is 1-0 against the spread.
- All of Boston College’s three game with a set total have hit the over.
Boston College Pick Insights
- With 391.3 total yards per game on offense, Boston College ranks 70th in the FBS in 2023. On defense, it ranks 70th, giving up 357.3 total yards per contest.
- Boston College ranks 76th in the FBS with 28 points per contest on offense, and it ranks 96th with 28.7 points ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- Boston College ranks 78th in the FBS with 224.7 passing yards per contest, but it has been led by its defense, which ranks 23rd-best by surrendering only 171.3 passing yards per game.
- Boston College’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit in run defense this season, allowing 186 rushing yards per game, which ranks 18th-worst in the FBS. On offense, it ranks 61st with 166.7 rushing yards per contest.
- Boston College ranks 66th in the FBS with a 41.7% third-down conversion rate on offense, and 94th with a 43.2% third-down percentage allowed on defense.
- Boston College has a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 29th in the FBS.
Boston College’s Best Players
- Castellanos has thrown for 644 yards (214.7 ypg) to lead Boston College, completing 59.5% of his passes and tossing five touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 231 yards (77 ypg) on 41 carries with two touchdowns.
- Kye Robichaux has run for 166 yards across 42 attempts, scoring two touchdowns.
- Lewis Bond’s 175 receiving yards (58.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 12 catches on 15 targets with two touchdowns.
- Ryan O’Keefe has caught 15 passes and compiled 128 receiving yards (42.7 per game).
- Jaden Williams’ nine targets have resulted in four grabs for 105 yards and one touchdown.
- Shitta Sillah paces the team with one sack, and also has one TFL and four tackles.
- Kam Arnold is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 17 tackles.