Table of Contents
The Rice Owls (2-1) are in action on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET versus the South Florida Bulls (1-2) at Raymond James Stadium.
The Owls are favored, but by less than a field goal (-2.5), against the Bulls. The over/under for this matchup is 58 points.
Game Info for Rice vs. South Florida
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPNU
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Rice Pick Insights
- Rice has covered the spread twice in two games this season.
- In Rice’s two games with a set total, one has hit the over (50%).
Rice Stats & Insights
- Rice is compiling 377 yards per game on offense (79th in the FBS), and rank 72nd on defense, yielding 360 yards allowed per game.
- Rice is compiling 37.3 points per game on offense, which ranks them 37th in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, the defense ranks 93rd, allowing 28.3 points per game.
- Offensively, Rice ranks 41st in the FBS with 268 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defense ranks 79th in passing yards allowed per contest (221.3).
- Rice ranks 23rd-worst in rushing offense (109 rushing yards per game), but has played better on defense, ranking 82nd with 138.7 rushing yards allowed per game.
- Rice ranks 44th in third-down efficiency (46.2%) on offense and 65th in third-down percentage allowed (37.8%) on defense this season.
- Rice has forced three total turnovers (82nd in the FBS) this season and have turned it over five times (78th in the FBS) for -2a turnover margin of -2, 102nd-ranked in college football.
Rice’s Best Players
- JT Daniels has racked up 805 yards (268.3 ypg) on 53-of-85 passing with eight touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- Dean Connors has 137 rushing yards on 24 carries with one touchdown. He’s also tacked on 10 catches for 96 yards (32 per game).
- Juma Otoviano has collected 53 yards on 26 attempts. He’s grabbed two passes for 48 yards (16 per game), as well.
- Luke McCaffrey’s team-high 171 yards as a receiver have come on 11 receptions (out of 24 targets) with four touchdowns.
- Braylen Walker has put together a 151-yard season so far with two touchdowns, reeling in seven passes on 10 targets.
- Kobie Campbell has a total of 103 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in four throws and scoring one touchdown.
- Coleman Coco has collected two sacks to pace the team, while also picking up two TFL and 10 tackles.
- Rice’s tackle leader, Plae Wyatt, has 14 tackles this year.
- Tre’Shon Devones has a team-leading one interception to go along with seven tackles and one pass defended.
South Florida Betting Insights
- South Florida has covered the spread once in two games this year.
- South Florida has a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season.
- South Florida has not hit the over on a point total in two games with a set over/under.
South Florida Pick Insights
- From an offensive standpoint, South Florida is generating 382 total yards per contest (74th-ranked). It ranks 99th in the FBS on the other side of the ball (389.3 total yards given up per game).
- With 21.7 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, South Florida ranks 105th in the FBS. Defensively, it ranks 89th, giving up 27.3 points per contest.
- In terms of passing, this season has been tough for South Florida on both sides of the ball, as it is putting up just 162.3 passing yards per contest (15th-worst) and surrendering 272.3 passing yards per game (23rd-worst).
- South Florida’s run offense has been thriving, compiling 219.7 rushing yards per contest (14th-best) this season. Defensively, it ranks 54th by allowing 117 rushing yards per game.
- With a 36.8% third-down conversion rate on offense, South Florida ranks 93rd in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 53rd, surrendering a 35.7% third-down rate.
- After forcing six turnovers (25th in the FBS) and turning the ball over five times (78th in the FBS) this season, South Florida has the 47th-ranked turnover margin of +1.
South Florida’s Best Players
- Byrum Brown has thrown for 450 yards (150 ypg) to lead South Florida, completing 51% of his passes and tossing four touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He is also a playmaker on the ground, racking up 275 yards (91.7 ypg) on 65 carries with four touchdowns.
- Nay’Quan Wright has piled up 41 carries and totaled 210 yards.
- Sean Atkins has registered 16 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 142 (47.3 yards per game). He’s been targeted 23 times.
- Khafre Brown has caught six passes and compiled 109 receiving yards (36.3 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Naiem Simmons’ 16 targets have resulted in seven grabs for 85 yards and one touchdown.
- Daquan Evans paces the team with three sacks, and also has six TFL and 13 tackles.
- Jhalyn Shuler is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s amassed 15 tackles.
- Logan Berryhill has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 11 tackles and two passes defended to his name.