Table of Contents
The New Orleans Saints (2-0) visit the Green Bay Packers (1-1) at Lambeau Field on Sunday, September 24, 2023.
On offense, the Packers ranked 17th in the NFL with 337.9 yards per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked 17th in total defense (336.5 yards allowed per contest). The Saints had the 19th-ranked offense last year (333.8 yards per game), and they were even more effective on defense, ranking fifth-best with just 314.8 yards allowed per game.
Packers vs. Saints Picks
Right now, 55.4% of Splash Inc. users are picking the Packers to win and 53.3% have picked them to cover the 1-point spread as well against the Saints on Sunday.
Game Info: Packers vs. Saints
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Stadium: Lambeau Field
Take a look at the betting trends and insights below before making a bet on Sunday’s Green Bay-New Orleans spread (Green Bay -1) or total (42.5 points).
Game Trends for Packers
- The Packers put together an 8-9-0 ATS record last year.
- The Packers had an ATS record of 4-7 when playing as at least 1-point favorites last season.
- Packers games hit the over eight out of 17 times last season.
Stats & Insights for Packers
- Last year, the Packers racked up just 1.5 more points per game (21.8) than the Saints allowed (20.3).
- The Packers were 6-4 against the spread and 7-3 overall in games when they put up over 20.3 points last season.
- When the Saints allowed fewer than 21.8 points last year, they had a 5-5 record against the spread and a 5-5 record overall.
- The Packers racked up 337.9 yards per game last year, 23.1 more yards than the 314.8 the Saints gave up per contest.
- The Packers were 7-4 against the spread and 7-4 overall when the team amassed more than 314.8 yards last year.
- When the Saints held their opponents to fewer than 337.9 yards last year, they had a -7 record ATS and a – record overall.
- The Packers rushed for 124.3 yards per game last year, just 6.2 fewer yards than the 130.5 the Saints allowed per contest.
- When the Packers ran for over 130.5 yards last year, they compiled a 6-1 ATS record and a 6-1 overall record.
- The Saints were -3 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 124.3 rushing yards last season.
- The Packers turned the ball over eight more times (22 total) than the Saints forced a turnover (14) last season.
Best Players for Packers
- Aaron Jones: 213 CAR / 1,121 YDS / 65.9 YPG / 2 TD / 59 REC / 395 YDS / 23.2 YPG / 5 TD
- A.J. Dillon: 186 CAR / 770 YDS / 45.3 YPG / 7 TD / 28 REC / 206 YDS / 12.1 YPG / 0 TD
- Christian Watson: 41 REC / 611 YDS / 43.6 YPG / 7 TD
- Romeo Doubs: 42 REC / 425 YDS / 32.7 YPG / 3 TD
- Jonathan Owens: 125 TKL / 1 SACK / 4 PD
Game Trends for Saints
- The Saints beat the spread seven times in 17 games last season.
- The Saints went 5-6 as underdogs of 1 point or greater last season.
- The Saints had six of their 17 games hit the over last season.
Stats & Insights for Saints
- The Saints averaged 19.4 points per game last year, comparable to the 21.8 the Packers surrendered.
- The Saints were 4-3 against the spread and 4-3 overall in games when they scored more than 21.8 points last year.
- When the Packers limited opponents to less than 19.4 points last year, they had a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 record overall.
- The Saints collected just 2.7 fewer yards per game (333.8) than the Packers allowed per matchup (336.5) last season.
- In games that the Saints totaled over 336.5 yards last year, the team was 3-5 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- The Packers had a -4 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 333.8 yards last year.
- The Saints rushed for 116.6 yards per game last year, 22.9 fewer than the 139.5 the Packers allowed per contest.
- The Saints had a 2-3 ATS record and a 3-2 overall record when the team rushed for more than 139.5 yards last season.
- Last year, the Packers were -2 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 116.6 rushing yards.
- The Saints turned the ball over 25 times last year, one more turnover than the Packers forced (24).
Best Players for Saints
- Derek Carr: 3,522 PASS YDS / 234.8 YPG / 60.8% / 24 TD / 14 INT
- Jamaal Williams: 262 CAR / 1,066 YDS / 62.7 YPG / 17 TD / 12 REC / 73 YDS / 4.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Taysom Hill: 96 CAR / 575 YDS / 35.9 YPG / 7 TD / 9 REC / 77 YDS / 4.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Chris Olave: 72 REC / 1,042 YDS / 69.5 YPG / 4 TD
- Juwan Johnson: 42 REC / 508 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 7 TD
- Rashid Shaheed: 28 REC / 488 YDS / 40.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Demario Davis: 109 TKL / 10 TFL / 6.5 SACK / 1 INT / 6 PD