Table of Contents
Star player Jacory Merritt and the New Mexico Lobos (2-2) meet the Wyoming Cowboys (3-1) on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET, at Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium.
The Lobos are expected to lose by double digits (currently +13.5) against the Cowboys (with an over/under of 41 points).
Game Info for Wyoming vs. New Mexico
- Game Day: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: MW Network
- Location: Laramie, Wyoming
- Stadium: Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wyoming Pick Insights
- Wyoming is 2-0-1 against the spread this season.
- Wyoming has combined with its opponent to go over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Wyoming Stats & Insights
- Wyoming has been a bottom-25 offense this year, ranking 10th-worst with 297.5 yards per game. The defense is ranked 80th in the FBS (377 yards allowed per game).
- Wyoming is totaling 24.5 points per game on offense (88th in the FBS), and ranks 71st on the other side of the ball with 25 points allowed per game.
- While Wyoming’s pass defense ranks 74th with 230.8 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been worse, ranking ninth-worst (129.3 passing yards per game).
- Wyoming is putting up 168.3 rushing yards per game on offense this year (48th in the FBS), and is allowing 146.3 rushing yards per game (86th) on defense.
- Wyoming ranks 25th-worst in third-down percentage (34.7%) and 18th-worst in third-down percentage allowed (47.1%) this season.
- Wyoming ranks 67th in college football with an even turnover margin after forcing 6 turnovers (54th in the FBS) while committing six (69th in the FBS).
Wyoming’s Best Players
- Andrew Peasley has 381 passing yards for Wyoming, completing 52.3% of his passes and tossing five touchdowns and two interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 96 rushing yards (24 ypg) on 27 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Harrison Waylee has 266 rushing yards on 35 carries with two touchdowns.
- Sam Scott has collected 114 yards on 18 attempts, scoring one time.
- Wyatt Wieland’s team-leading 163 yards as a receiver have come on 15 receptions (out of 24 targets) with one touchdown.
- Ayir Asante has hauled in five receptions totaling 115 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- John Michael Gyllenborg has a total of 67 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in eight passes and scoring one touchdown.
- DeVonne Harris leads the team with two sacks, and also has two TFL and 11 tackles.
- Wyoming’s top-tackler, Shae Suiaunoa, has 27 tackles, two TFL, and one sack this year.
- Wrook Brown has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 16 tackles and two passes defended to his name.
New Mexico Betting Insights
- New Mexico is 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- New Mexico is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 13.5 points or greater this year.
- In New Mexico’s three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
New Mexico Pick Insights
- New Mexico ranks 76th with 384.5 total yards per contest on offense, and it ranks 94th with 395.8 total yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- From an offensive angle, New Mexico is putting up 29.3 points per game (66th-ranked). It ranks 104th in the FBS defensively (30 points given up per game).
- New Mexico ranks 93rd in the FBS with 215.3 passing yards per game on offense, and it ranks 93rd with 244.3 passing yards allowed per contest on defense.
- New Mexico is posting 169.3 rushing yards per game on offense this season (47th-ranked). Meanwhile, it is giving up 151.5 rushing yards per contest (92nd-ranked) on defense.
- New Mexico’s defense has been a bottom-25 unit on third down this season, ceding a 46.7% third-down conversion percentage, which ranks 22nd-worst in the FBS. Offensively, it ranks 49th with a 46.7% third-down rate.
- New Mexico has a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, 22nd-worst at -4.
New Mexico’s Best Players
- Dylan Hopkins has 827 passing yards, or 206.8 per game, so far this season. He has completed 58.8% of his passes and has collected six touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Merritt is his team’s leading rusher with 48 carries for 328 yards, or 82 per game. He’s found paydirt seven times on the ground, as well.
- Dorian Lewis has run for 122 yards across 23 attempts.
- Deuce Jones leads his squad with 159 receiving yards on six receptions with one touchdown.
- Caleb Medford has caught five passes and compiled 142 receiving yards (35.5 per game) with one touchdown.
- Andrew Erickson’s 10 catches (on 16 targets) have netted him 140 yards (35 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Kyler Drake has 1.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has two TFL and 10 tackles.
- New Mexico’s leading tackler, Tavian Combs, has 32 tackles and one TFL this year.