Table of Contents
The Washington Commanders (2-1) visit a streaking Philadelphia Eagles (3-0) team on Sunday, October 1, 2023 at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles have won three straight games.
The Eagles were a tough matchup for opposing teams last season, as they ranked top-five in both total offense (third-best with 389.1 yards per game) and total defense (second-best with 301.5 yards allowed per game) this season. The Commanders ranked 20th in total offense this season (330.3 yards per game), but they thrived on the defensive side of the ball, ranking third-best in the NFL with 304.6 yards allowed per game.
Eagles vs. Commanders Picks
The Eagles are expected by Splash Inc. users to both win straight up and cover the spread against the Commanders on Sunday. Currently, 95.4% of users are picking them to win and 100.0% are picking the Eagles to cover the 8-point spread.
Game Info: Eagles vs. Commanders
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Lincoln Financial Field
Read the betting insights and trends below before placing a bet on Sunday’s Philadelphia-Washington spread (Philadelphia -8) or over/under (44.5 points).
Game Trends for Eagles
- The Eagles went 8-9-0 ATS last season.
- The Eagles covered the spread twice when favored by 8 points or more last season (in six opportunities).
- A total of 10 of the Eagles’ games last season hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Eagles
- The Eagles scored 7.9 more points per game (28.1) than the Commanders allowed (20.2) last year.
- When the Eagles scored over 20.2 points last year, they were 8-6 against the spread and 12-2 overall.
- Last season the Commanders had a 8-6-1 record against the spread and a 8-6-1 record overall in games when they held opponents to fewer than 28.1 points.
- The Eagles racked up 84.5 more yards per game (389.1) than the Commanders gave up per matchup (304.6) last year.
- In games that the Eagles piled up more than 304.6 yards last season, the team was 7-8 against the spread and 13-2 overall.
- In games the Commanders limited their opponents to fewer than 389.1 yards last year, they had a -6-1 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last season the Eagles piled up 147.6 rushing yards per game, 34.3 more than the Commanders allowed per outing (113.3).
- The Eagles had a 5-5 ATS record and a 10-0 overall record when the team rushed for more than 113.3 yards last year.
- The Commanders were -6-1 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to fewer than 147.6 rushing yards last season.
- Last season the Eagles turned the ball over 19 times, one more than the Commanders’ takeaways (18).
Best Players for Eagles
- Jalen Hurts: 3,701 PASS YDS / 246.7 YPG / 66.5% / 22 TD / 6 INT / 165 CAR / 760 RUSH YDS / 13 TD
- D’Andre Swift: 99 CAR / 542 YDS / 38.7 YPG / 5 TD / 48 REC / 389 YDS / 27.8 YPG / 3 TD
- A.J. Brown: 88 REC / 1,496 YDS / 88 YPG / 11 TD
- DeVonta Smith: 95 REC / 1,196 YDS / 70.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Dallas Goedert: 55 REC / 702 YDS / 58.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Nicholas Morrow: 116 TKL / 11 TFL / 1 INT / 2 PD
Game Trends for Commanders
- The Commanders covered the spread eight times in 17 games last season.
- The Commanders went unbeaten ATS (1-0) as underdogs of 8 points or greater last year.
- Last season, five of the Commanders’ 17 games hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- Last season the Commanders averaged just 1.3 fewer points per game (18.9) than the Eagles allowed (20.2).
- The Commanders were 5-1 against the spread and 5-1 overall in games when they put up over 20.2 points last season.
- Last season the Eagles had a 5-4 record against the spread and a 9-0 record overall in games when they held opponents to fewer than 18.9 points.
- The Commanders averaged 330.3 yards per game last year, 28.8 more yards than the 301.5 the Eagles gave up per outing.
- The Commanders were 7-5 against the spread and 7-4-1 overall when the team picked up more than 301.5 yards last season.
- When the Eagles held their opponents to fewer than 330.3 yards last season, they had a -6 record ATS and a – record overall.
- Last season the Commanders ran for just 4.5 more yards (126.1) than the Eagles allowed per contest (121.6).
- When the Commanders ran for over 121.6 yards last year they compiled a 6-4-1 ATS record and a 6-4-1 overall record.
- Last season, the Eagles were -3 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to less than 126.1 yards on the ground.
- The Commanders had 23 giveaways last season, while the Eagles had 27 takeaways.
Best Players for Commanders
- Sam Howell: 169 PASS YDS / 169 YPG / 57.9% / 1 TD / 1 INT / 5 CAR / 35 RUSH YDS / 1 TD
- Brian Robinson Jr.: 205 CAR / 797 YDS / 66.4 YPG / 2 TD / 9 REC / 60 YDS / 5 YPG / 1 TD
- Antonio Gibson: 149 CAR / 546 YDS / 36.4 YPG / 3 TD / 46 REC / 353 YDS / 23.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 77 REC / 1,191 YDS / 70.1 YPG / 5 TD
- Curtis Samuel: 64 REC / 656 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Jahan Dotson: 35 REC / 523 YDS / 43.6 YPG / 7 TD
- Cody Barton: 133 TKL / 4 TFL / 2 SACK / 2 INT / 6 PD