Table of Contents
Jacory Merritt will lead the New Mexico Lobos (2-2) into their matchup versus the Wyoming Cowboys (3-1) at Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium, on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET.
The Cowboys are expected to come out on top by at least two touchdowns (currently -14.5) against the Lobos. The over/under for this matchup is 42 points.
Game Info for Wyoming vs. New Mexico
- Game Day: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: MW Network
- Location: Laramie, Wyoming
- Stadium: Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wyoming Pick Insights
- Wyoming is 2-0-1 against the spread this season.
- Wyoming has combined with its opponent to go over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Wyoming Stats & Insights
- Wyoming has been a bottom-25 offense this year, ranking 10th-worst with 297.5 yards per contest. The defensive unit is ranked 80th in the FBS (377 yards allowed per game).
- Wyoming is totaling 24.5 points per game on offense (88th in the FBS), and ranks 71st defensively with 25 points allowed per game.
- While Wyoming’s pass defense ranks 74th with 230.8 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been worse, ranking ninth-worst (129.3 passing yards per game).
- Wyoming ranks 48th in run offense (168.3 rushing yards per game) and 86th in run defense (146.3 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- With a 34.7% third-down percentage (25th-worst) and a 47.1% third-down rate allowed on defense (18th-worst), Wyoming has been playing poorly on both sides of the ball this year in terms of third-down efficiency.
- Wyoming has the 67th-ranked turnover margin in college football at even, forcing six turnovers (54th in the FBS) while turning it over six times (69th in the FBS).
Wyoming’s Best Players
- Andrew Peasley has thrown for 381 yards (95.3 ypg) to lead Wyoming, completing 52.3% of his passes and tossing five touchdown passes compared to two interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 96 rushing yards on 27 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Harrison Waylee has 266 rushing yards on 35 carries with two touchdowns.
- Sam Scott has been handed the ball 18 times this year and racked up 114 yards (28.5 per game) with one touchdown.
- Wyatt Wieland’s 163 yards as a receiver lead the team. He’s been targeted 24 times and has collected 15 catches and one touchdown.
- Ayir Asante has caught five passes for 115 yards (28.8 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- John Michael Gyllenborg has hauled in eight grabs for 67 yards, an average of 16.8 yards per game. He’s scored one time as a receiver this season.
- DeVonne Harris paces the team with two sacks, and also has two TFL and 11 tackles.
- Wyoming’s top-tackler, Shae Suiaunoa, has 27 tackles, two TFL, and one sack this year.
- Wrook Brown has a team-leading two interceptions to go along with 16 tackles and two passes defended.
New Mexico Betting Insights
- New Mexico is 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- New Mexico is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 14.5 points or more this year.
- In New Mexico’s three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
New Mexico Pick Insights
- With 384.5 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, New Mexico ranks 76th in the FBS in 2023. On defense, it ranks 94th, allowing 395.8 total yards per contest.
- With 29.3 points per game on the offensive side of the ball, New Mexico ranks 66th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 104th, surrendering 30 points per contest.
- With 215.3 passing yards per game on offense, New Mexico ranks 93rd in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 93rd, surrendering 244.3 passing yards per contest.
- In terms of rushing, New Mexico ranks 47th in the FBS on offense (169.3 rushing yards per game) and 92nd on defense (151.5 rushing yards allowed per contest).
- New Mexico has been struggling on third down, ranking 22nd-worst with a 46.7% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. It has been more effective offensively, compiling a 44.2% third-down rate (49th-ranked).
- New Mexico has forced zero turnovers this season and have turned it over four times, resulting in a -4 turnover margin that is 22nd-worst in the FBS.
New Mexico’s Best Players
- Dylan Hopkins leads New Mexico with 827 yards on 57-of-97 passing with six touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season.
- Merritt has carried the ball 48 times for 328 yards, with seven touchdowns.
- Dorian Lewis has run for 122 yards across 23 attempts.
- Deuce Jones has hauled in 159 receiving yards on six catches to pace his squad so far this season while scoring one touchdown as a receiver.
- Caleb Medford has caught five passes and compiled 142 receiving yards (35.5 per game) with one touchdown.
- Andrew Erickson has racked up 140 reciving yards (35 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Kyler Drake paces the team with 1.5 sacks, and also has two TFL and 10 tackles.
- Tavian Combs, New Mexico’s leading tackler, has 32 tackles and one TFL this year.