Table of Contents
Star player Jacory Merritt and the New Mexico Lobos (2-2) face the Wyoming Cowboys (3-1) on Saturday at 4:00 PM ET, at Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium.
The Cowboys are very big favorites (currently -14) in their game against the Lobos, with the over/under at 42 points. (On the moneyline, the Cowboys are -619 and the Lobos are +441.)
Game Info for Wyoming vs. New Mexico
- Game Day: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: MW Network
- Location: Laramie, Wyoming
- Stadium: Jonah Field at War Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Wyoming Pick Insights
- Wyoming is 2-0-1 against the spread this season.
- In Wyoming’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Wyoming Stats & Insights
- While Wyoming ranks 80th in total defense with 377 yards allowed per game, the team’s offensive unit has been slightly worse, ranking 10th-worst (297.5 yards per game).
- Wyoming is putting up 24.5 points per game on offense this year (88th in the FBS), and is surrendering 25 points per game (71st) on defense.
- While Wyoming’s pass defense ranks 74th with 230.8 passing yards allowed per game,the offense has been worse, ranking ninth-worst (129.3 passing yards per game).
- Wyoming is averaging 168.3 rushing yards per game on offense (48th in the FBS), and ranks 86th defensively with 146.3 rushing yards allowed per game.
- With a 34.7% third-down conversion rate (25th-worst) and a 47.1% third-down rate allowed on defense (18th-worst), Wyoming has been struggling on both sides of the ball this year in terms of third-down efficiency.
- Wyoming owns the 67th-ranked turnover margin in college football at even, forcing six turnovers (54th in the FBS) while turning it over six times (69th in the FBS).
Wyoming’s Best Players
- Andrew Peasley has compiled 381 yards (95.3 ypg) on 34-of-65 passing with five touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 96 rushing yards (24 ypg) on 27 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- Harrison Waylee has racked up 266 yards on 35 carries while finding paydirt two times as a runner.
- Sam Scott has carried the ball 18 times for 114 yards (28.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Wyatt Wieland has hauled in 15 catches for 163 yards (40.8 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Ayir Asante has hauled in five receptions totaling 115 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- John Michael Gyllenborg has a total of 67 receiving yards so far this year, grabbing eight throws and scoring one touchdown.
- DeVonne Harris has two sacks to lead the team, and also has two TFL and 11 tackles.
- Shae Suiaunoa, Wyoming’s tackle leader, has 27 tackles, two TFL, and one sack this year.
- Wrook Brown has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 16 tackles and two passes defended to his name.
New Mexico Betting Insights
- New Mexico is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- New Mexico is 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 14 points or greater this year.
- New Mexico hase gone over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
New Mexico Pick Insights
- In terms of total yards, New Mexico ranks 76th in the FBS (384.5 total yards per game) and 94th on defense (395.8 total yards allowed per game).
- From an offensive angle, New Mexico is accumulating 29.3 points per game (66th-ranked). It ranks 104th in the FBS on defense (30 points surrendered per game).
- New Mexico is compiling 215.3 passing yards per game on offense this season (93rd-ranked). Meanwhile, it is surrendering 244.3 passing yards per contest (93rd-ranked) on defense.
- With 169.3 rushing yards per game on offense, New Mexico ranks 47th in the FBS. On defense it ranks 92nd, allowing 151.5 rushing yards per contest.
- New Mexico ranks 49th in third-down conversion rate (44.2%) on offense, but it has been worse on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 22nd-worst in the FBS with a 46.7% third-down percentage allowed.
- New Mexico has a bottom-25 turnover margin this season, 22nd-worst at -4.
New Mexico’s Best Players
- Dylan Hopkins has recored 827 passing yards, or 206.8 per game, so far this season. He has completed 58.8% of his passes and has collected six touchdowns with two interceptions.
- Merritt is his team’s leading rusher with 48 carries for 328 yards, or 82 per game. He’s found the end zone seven times on the ground, as well.
- Dorian Lewis has racked up 122 yards on 23 carries.
- Deuce Jones’ 159 receiving yards (39.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has six catches on eight targets with one touchdown.
- Caleb Medford has collected 142 receiving yards (35.5 yards per game) and one touchdown on five receptions.
- Andrew Erickson has racked up 140 reciving yards (35 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
- Kyler Drake has 1.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has two TFL and 10 tackles.
- Tavian Combs, New Mexico’s leading tackler, has 32 tackles and one TFL this year.