Table of Contents
The Dallas Cowboys (7-3) and the Washington Commanders (4-7) square off on Thursday, November 23, 2023 at AT&T Stadium in a battle of NFC East foes.
The Cowboys rank sixth in total offense this year (372.3 yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on defense, ranking second-best in the NFL with 372.3 yards allowed per game. The Commanders rank 17th in points per game (21.5), but they’ve been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking worst in the NFL with 27.7 points ceded per contest.
Cowboys vs. Commanders Picks
Splash Inc. users think the Cowboys will win straight up against the Commanders on Thursday, with 96.6% of users picking them to come out on top. On the other Hand, users are split 50-50 on who will cover the 11-point spread.
Game Info: Cowboys vs. Commanders
- Game Day: Thursday, November 23, 2023
- Game Time: 4:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
To help you make an informed wager on Dallas-Washington matchup (in which Dallas is an 11-point favorite and the total is set at 48.5 points), here are some betting insights and trends for Thursday’s game.
Game Trends for Cowboys
- The Cowboys’ ATS record is 7-3-0 this season.
- The Cowboys are 2-1 against the spread when favored by 11 points or more this season.
- Cowboys games have hit the over on six of 10 occasions (60%).
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- The Cowboys rank sixth in total offense this year (372.3 yards per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with 266.3 yards allowed per game.
- The Cowboys have been finding success on both offense and defense, ranking second-best in scoring offense (30.2 points per game) and fifth-best in scoring defense (17.5 points allowed per game).
- The Cowboys rank sixth in passing yards this year (255.5 per game), but they’ve been thriving on the defensive side of the ball, ranking second-best in the NFL with 157.1 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Cowboys are putting up 116.8 rushing yards per game on offense (12th in the NFL), and they rank 15th defensively with 109.2 rushing yards allowed per game.
- The Cowboys have been clicking on all fronts on third down this year, as they rank third-best in third-down conversion rate (46.8%) and second-best in third-down defense (32.8% third-down percentage allowed).
- The Cowboys have the fourth-best defense in the NFL in terms of yards per play allowed (5), while their offense is ranked eighth, gaining 5.8 per play.
- The Cowboys have the fifth-best turnover margin in the NFL at +6, forcing 16 turnovers (eighth in NFL) while turning it over 10 times (fifth in NFL).
Best Players for Cowboys
- Dak Prescott: 2,604 PASS YDS / 260.4 YPG / 70.1% / 19 TD / 6 INT / 33 CAR / 141 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- Tony Pollard: 147 CAR / 590 YDS / 59 YPG / 3 TD / 33 REC / 209 YDS / 20.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Rico Dowdle: 55 CAR / 235 YDS / 23.5 YPG / 1 TD / 9 REC / 54 YDS / 5.4 YPG / 1 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 74 REC / 1,013 YDS / 101.3 YPG / 5 TD
- Jake Ferguson: 39 REC / 386 YDS / 38.6 YPG / 4 TD
- Brandin Cooks: 29 REC / 380 YDS / 42.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Damone Clark: 64 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 PD
Game Trends for Commanders
- The Commanders have gone 5-5-1 ATS this year.
- Six of the Commanders’ 11 games with a set total have hit the over (54.5%).
Stats & Insights for Commanders
- The Commanders have been struggling on defense, ranking fourth-worst with 372.8 total yards allowed per game. They have been more effective offensively, posting 340.7 total yards per contest (12th-ranked).
- The Commanders have not been getting things done defensively, ranking worst with 27.7 points allowed per game. They have been more productive on offense, regstering 21.5 points per contest (17th-ranked).
- The Commanders’ defense has been a bottom-five unit in pass defense this season, surrendering 258.5 passing yards per game, which ranks third-worst in the NFL. On offense, they rank 11th with 245 passing yards per contest.
- The Commanders rank 26th in the NFL with 95.7 rushing yards per game on offense, and they rank 21st with 114.3 rushing yards surrendered per contest on defense.
- From an offensive perspective, the Commanders are putting up a 37.3% third-down conversion percentage (19th-ranked). They rank 13th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (38.2% third-down rate allowed).
- From an offensive angle, the Commanders are putting up 5.7 yards per play (11th-ranked). They rank 27th in the NFL on the other side of the ball (6 yards given up per play).
- At -8, the Commanders sport the worst turnover margin in the NFL this season.
Best Players for Commanders
- Sam Howell: 3,038 PASS YDS / 276.2 YPG / 66.7% / 18 TD / 12 INT / 34 CAR / 209 RUSH YDS / 2 TD
- Brian Robinson Jr.: 138 CAR / 558 YDS / 50.7 YPG / 5 TD / 27 REC / 314 YDS / 28.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Terry McLaurin: 56 REC / 644 YDS / 58.5 YPG / 2 TD
- Logan Thomas: 43 REC / 409 YDS / 40.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Jahan Dotson: 37 REC / 383 YDS / 34.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Kamren Curl: 88 TKL / 3 TFL / 1 SACK / 4 PD