Table of Contents
Ian Happ will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Chicago Cubs (41-59) take on the San Francisco Giants (50-51) on Sunday at 7:08 PM ET. The Cubs are underdogs (+158) versus the Giants (-187). San Francisco’s Carlos Rodon and Chicago’s Adrian Sampson will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB action with 118 total home runs.
- The Giants have the 23rd-ranked batting average in the majors (.235).
- The Giants are 10th in the league with an on-base percentage of .318.
- The Giants strike out 8.7 times per game to rank 22nd in baseball.
- The Giants have hit 60 home runs at home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Giants are slugging .406 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .242 at home this season.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores leads San Francisco in OBP (.328), slugging percentage (.445) and total hits (82) this season.
- Among the qualified hitters in baseball, Flores’ batting average ranks 92nd, his on-base percentage ranks 78th, and he is 60th in slugging.
- Flores hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with two doubles, two home runs and four RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has an OPS of .722, fueled by an OBP of .316 and a team-best slugging percentage of .406 this season.
- Among all qualified hitters, Estrada is 63rd in batting average, 101st in on-base percentage and 90th in slugging percentage.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .227 with a .395 slugging percentage and 38 RBI this year.
- Darin Ruf is batting .219 with a .329 OBP and 38 RBI for San Francisco this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 100 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .319 this season, which ranks eighth in the league.
- The Cubs rank 21st with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 48 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .388 in away games this season with 146 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .235 with 8.1 base hits per contest.
Cubs Key Batters
- Happ has a .438 slugging percentage, which leads the Cubs.
- Happ ranks 37th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage and 62nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Willson Contreras’ 80 hits and .369 OBP both lead his team.
- Contreras is currently 78th in batting average, 18th in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Nico Hoerner has 14 doubles, three triples, six home runs and 16 walks while batting .297.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .223 with 22 doubles, 19 home runs and 43 walks.
Giants vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers