Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays (54-47) host the Cleveland Guardians (51-49) at 1:40 PM ET on Sunday at Tropicana Field. The Rays are favored (-237) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the Guardians (+196). Tampa Bay’s Shane McClanahan gets the start against Cleveland’s Bryan Shaw.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 22nd in MLB action with 93 total home runs .
- The Rays have the 19th-ranked batting average in the league (.239).
- The Rays’ .307 on-base percentage ranks 22nd in the league.
- Rays batters strike out 8.9 times per game, the 27th-most in the league.
- The Rays have hit 50 home runs at home this season (one per game).
- The Rays are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .390 at home.
- The team is batting .238 with 392 hits (7.7 per game) at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has 92 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .402.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Diaz’s batting average ranks 26th, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is 90th in slugging.
- Diaz will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .273 with a double, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has 93 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .417, both of which are best among Tampa Bay hitters this season.
- Arozarena is 86th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 80th in slugging in the majors.
- David Peralta has 69 hits this season and has a slash line of .248/.316/.460.
- Ji-Man Choi has eight home runs, 44 RBI and a batting average of .261 this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 80 home runs as a team.
- The Guardians rank sixth in MLB with a .253 team batting average.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Guardians are the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 702 as a team.
- They’ve hit 54 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 56 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .405 in 56 road games this season.
- In 56 road games this season, they have a batting average of .254 while averaging 8.9 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez paces the Guardians with 107 hits.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Ramirez’s batting average ranks 28th, his on-base percentage ranks 21st, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Ramirez hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
- Amed Rosario paces his team with a .401 slugging percentage.
- Rosario is currently 28th in batting average, 78th in on-base percentage and 97th in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Steven Kwan a has .367 on-base percentage to lead the Guardians.
- Josh Naylor is hitting .282 with 17 doubles, 14 home runs and 19 walks.
Rays vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers