Table of Contents
Paul Goldschmidt will hit the field for the St. Louis Cardinals against Keegan Thompson and the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday. First pitch is at 7:45 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Goldschmidt Props for Cardinals vs Cubs
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Goldschmidt in 2022
- Goldschmidt has a team-high batting average of .329, while pacing the Cardinals in home runs (24) and runs batted in (78).
- Goldschmidt ranks eighth in home runs and fourth in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- Goldschmidt has a hit in 76.0% of his 96 games this year, with at least two hits in 35.4% of those contests (34).
- In 22.9% of his games this season, Goldschmidt has hit a long ball (22 of 96). During the 2022 campaign, he’s taken the pitcher deep in 5.7% of his trips to the plate.
Last Five Games
Cubs Pitching in 2022
- The Cubs are sending Thompson (8-4) to make his 14th start of the season. He is 8-4 with a 3.26 ERA and 82 strikeouts through 88 1/3 innings pitched.
- The 27-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.26, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in 21 games this season. Opponents have a .238 batting average against him.
- The Cubs pitching staff ranks 11th in the league with a collective 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Cubs pitchers combine to allow the fourth-most home runs in baseball (129 total, 1.3 per game).