Table of Contents
Yordan Alvarez will hit the field for the Houston Astros against Kutter Crawford and the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday. First pitch is at 8:10 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Alvarez Props for Astros vs Red Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Alvarez in 2022
- Alvarez has put up a team-best batting average of .308, while leading the Astros in home runs (30) and runs batted in (71).
- Alvarez ranks third in home runs and seventh in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- In 62.1% of his games this season (54 of 87), Alvarez has recorded a hit, and in 29 of those games (33.3%) he’s recorded at least two base hits.
- Out of the 87 games Alvarez has gone to the plate in this season, he’s hit a long ball in 26 contests (29.9%), leaving the yard in 8.2% of his trips to home plate.
Last Five Games
|Red Sox||August 1||0-for-2||0||0||1||1||1||0|
Red Sox Pitching in 2022
- Crawford (2-3 with a 4.15 ERA and 50 strikeouts in 47 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Red Sox, his seventh of the season.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 4.15, with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in 15 games this season. Opponents have a .232 batting average against him.
- The pitching staff for the Red Sox has a collective 8.5 K/9, which ranks 16th in the league.
- Red Sox pitchers combine to allow 113 total home runs at a rate of 1.1 per game (to rank 19th in baseball).