Table of Contents
Trea Turner rides a 19-game hitting streak into the Los Angeles Dodgers’ (69-33) matchup against the San Francisco Giants (51-52). The Dodgers are moneyline favorites (-146) in this matchup against the Giants (+124), which begins at 9:45 PM ET on Tuesday at Oracle Park. Los Angeles has Tyler Anderson starting things off, while San Francisco counters with Alex Wood.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Giants
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers are fifth in baseball with 132 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Dodgers’ .258 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Dodgers have a league-leading .336 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.2 times per game to rank 10th in the league.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per road game this season (67 total on the road).
- The Dodgers have a .444 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The team is batting .264 with 483 hits (9.3 per game) on the road this season.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freddie Freeman has 131 hits and an OBP of .404 to go with a slugging percentage of .541. All three of those stats rank first among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among the qualifying hitters in MLB, Freeman’s batting average ranks third, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Freeman has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .429 with four doubles, three walks and five RBI.
- Turner has 27 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 28 walks while batting .309.
- Turner ranks 10th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 16th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Turner has picked up a hit in 19 games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .333 with four doubles, three home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Mookie Betts has collected 94 base hits, an OBP of .343 and a slugging percentage of .524 this season.
- Betts brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .217 with a double, a triple and two walks.
- Will Smith is batting .263 with a .354 OBP and 55 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
- Smith takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .364 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and eight RBI.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants rank 10th in Major League Baseball with 119 home runs.
- The Giants rank 23rd in MLB with a .235 team batting average.
- The Giants are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking ninth with an OBP of .318.
- The Giants rank 25th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 61 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 53 home contests this season.
- They are slugging .402 in 53 home games this season.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .241 with 7.8 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has accumulated an on-base percentage of .330, a slugging percentage of .455, and has 84 hits, all club-highs for the Giants.
- Flores is 81st in batting average, 71st in on-base percentage and 47th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Flores brings a three-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .350 with two doubles, two home runs and three RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .226 with 20 doubles, a triple, nine home runs and 40 walks.
- Including all qualified players, Yastrzemski is 125th in batting average, 87th in on-base percentage and 104th in slugging percentage.
- Luis Gonzalez is batting .284 with 15 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 21 walks.
- Austin Slater is batting .283 with nine doubles, two triples, five home runs and 28 walks.
Dodgers vs. Giants Probable Pitchers