Table of Contents
Oddsmakers give the Miami Marlins (47-56) the edge, -141 on the moneyline, to stop their four-game losing streak when they play the Cincinnati Reds (41-61), at +121, on Tuesday at 6:40 PM ET. Braxton Garrett gets the starting nod for Miami, and Graham Ashcraft is Cincinnati’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins rank 21st in MLB action with 97 total home runs.
- The Marlins have the 22nd-ranked batting average in the majors (.236).
- The Marlins are 25th in the league with an on-base percentage of .300.
- The Marlins strike out 8.7 times per game to rank 24th in the league.
- The Marlins have hit 43 home runs at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Marlins have a .379 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .240 with 386 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami with an OBP of .288 this season while batting .240 with 19 walks and 27 runs scored.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Rojas is 103rd in batting average, 134th in on-base percentage, and 133rd in slugging.
- Jesus Aguilar has hit 12 homers this season while driving in 42 runs. He’s batting .239 this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Aguilar is 107th in batting average, 137th in on-base percentage and 110th in slugging percentage.
- Jesus Sanchez leads Miami with 60 hits. He is batting .204 this season and 27 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Joey Wendle has been key for Miami with 51 hits, an OBP of .320 plus a slugging percentage of .376.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 20th in Major League Baseball with 98 home runs.
- The Reds have a team batting average of .242 this season, which ranks 16th among MLB teams.
- The Reds have an OBP of .309 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Reds rank 22nd in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 46 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .337 in 46 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .228 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Brandon Drury has accumulated a slugging percentage of .517 and has 95 hits, both team-high numbers for the Reds.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, Drury’s batting average puts him 46th, his on-base percentage ranks 68th, and he is 14th in slugging.
- Drury enters this matchup on a five-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Farmer has 20 doubles, six home runs and 23 walks while batting .252.
- Farmer’s batting average is 77th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 85th, and he is 117th in slugging.
- Joey Votto has put up a team-high .334 on-base percentage.
- Nick Senzel is batting .251 with eight doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
Marlins vs. Reds Probable Pitchers