Table of Contents
Two of MLB’s best hitters square off when the New York Yankees (70-35) and the Seattle Mariners (56-49) play at 1:05 PM ET on Wednesday at Yankee Stadium. Andrew Benintendi has a .308 batting average (10th in MLB) for the favored Yankees (-183), and Ty France ranks 10th in MLB action hitting .308 this season for the underdog Mariners (+156). Gerrit Cole gets the starting nod for New York, and Luis Castillo is Seattle’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: The Bronx, New York
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.8 home runs per game and have hit a league-high 184 home runs in total.
- The Yankees have the 12th-ranked batting average in the league (.246).
- The Yankees are second in the league with a .332 on-base percentage.
- The Yankees strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 17 average in baseball.
- The Yankees have hit 101 homers at home this season (1.8 per game).
- The Yankees are slugging .452 with 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.7 hits per game and is batting .238.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in slugging percentage (.676) and total hits (115) this season.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Judge’s batting average ranks 21st, his on-base percentage ranks ninth, and he is first in slugging.
- Anthony Rizzo has 16 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 48 walks while hitting .230.
- Rizzo is 124th in batting average, 43rd in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Rizzo has picked up at least one hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .353 with four home runs, four walks and eight RBI.
- DJ LeMahieu leads New York in OBP (.394) this season, fueled by 103 hits.
- LeMahieu enters this matchup with four games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .455 with a double, two home runs, three walks and four RBI.
- Benintendi is batting .308 with a .383 OBP and 41 RBI for New York this season.
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners’ 115 home runs rank 13th in Major League Baseball.
- The Mariners have a team batting average of .233 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Mariners have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Mariners rank 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- In 55 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 62 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .385 in away games this season with 153 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging eight base hits per game and batting .234 on the road this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- France has put up a .380 on-base percentage and a .477 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Mariners.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, France is 10th in batting average, 14th in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging percentage.
- France enters this matchup on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .259 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 36 walks.
- Including all qualifying players, Crawford ranks 66th in batting average, 64th in on-base percentage and 130th in slugging percentage.
- Adam Frazier has 14 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 34 walks while hitting .247.
- Eugenio Suarez has 19 doubles, a triple, 17 home runs and 53 walks while hitting .234.
Yankees vs. Mariners Probable Pitchers