Table of Contents
Paul Goldschmidt will take the field for the St. Louis Cardinals against Justin Steele and the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday. First pitch is set for 7:45 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Goldschmidt Props for Cardinals vs Cubs
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
Goldschmidt in 2022
- Goldschmidt has accumulated a team-high batting average of .332, while leading the Cardinals in home runs (25) and runs batted in (81).
- Goldschmidt ranks eighth in home runs and fourth in RBI among all hitters in MLB action.
- In 76.3% of his games this year (74 of 97), Goldschmidt has recorded a hit, and in 35 of those games (36.1%) he’s recorded at least two hits.
- Goldschmidt has gone yard in 23.7% of his games this season (97 contests), leaving the ballpark in 5.9% of his chances at the plate.
Last Five Games
Cubs Pitching in 2022
- Steele makes the start for the Cubs, his 20th of the season. He is 4-7 with a 3.86 ERA and 87 strikeouts in 91 innings pitched.
- In 19 games this season, the 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.86, with 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .249 against him.
- The pitching staff for the Cubs has a collective 8.8 K/9, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Cubs give up the fourth-most home runs in baseball (132 total, 1.3 per game).