Table of Contents
Tim Anderson is just one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Chicago White Sox (52-51) ready for a matchup against the Kansas City Royals (41-63) on Wednesday at 2:10 PM ET. The White Sox are favored (-152) over the Royals (+129). Lance Lynn starts for Chicago while Kansas City will counter with Brady Singer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Royals
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 25th in MLB action with 90 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- The White Sox are fourth in MLB with a .258 batting average.
- The White Sox’s .312 on-base percentage ranks 18th in the league.
- The White Sox strike out 7.7 times per game to rank fifth in baseball.
- The White Sox average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (48 total in home contests).
- The White Sox have a .373 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .245 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu has 116 hits and an OBP of .381 to go with a slugging percentage of .470. All three of those stats are best among Chicago hitters this season.
- Abreu ranks 18th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage, and 36th in slugging among all qualifying batters in baseball.
- Luis Robert is batting .301 with 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 13 walks.
- Robert ranks 15th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Andrew Vaughn has 93 hits this season and has a slash line of .296/.346/.462.
- Vaughn takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .316 with two doubles, a triple and a walk.
- Anderson has six home runs, 25 RBI and a batting average of .314 this season.
- Anderson enters this game on an eight-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is batting .341 with two doubles, two walks and an RBI.
Royals Stats & Trends
- The Royals rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 84 home runs as a team.
- The Royals have a team batting average of .245 this season, which ranks 14th among MLB teams.
- The Royals have an OBP of .309 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Royals rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 48 homers, an average of 0.9 per game, in 52 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .370 in 52 road games this season.
- They are averaging 8.1 base hits per game and batting .235 on the road this season.
Royals Key Batters
- Bobby Witt Jr. has racked up a team-best slugging percentage (.447) while leading the Royals in hits (92).
- Including all qualified players in MLB, Witt Jr.’s batting average puts him 80th, his on-base percentage ranks 127th, and he is 57th in slugging.
- Hunter Dozier’s .314 on-base percentage paces his team.
- Including all qualified players, Dozier ranks 83rd in batting average, 103rd in on-base percentage and 75th in slugging percentage.
- Nicky Lopez has 11 doubles, two triples and 20 walks while hitting .249.
- Salvador Perez has 14 doubles, a triple, 14 home runs and nine walks while batting .214.
White Sox vs. Royals Probable Pitchers