Table of Contents
Brandon Drury will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when his San Diego Padres (61-46) take on the Colorado Rockies (46-61) on Thursday at 4:10 PM ET. The Padres are favored (-296) over the Rockies (+243). Joe Musgrove starts for San Diego while Colorado will counter with Kyle Freeland.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Thursday, August 4, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres rank 22nd in MLB action with 97 total home runs.
- The Padres have the 16th-ranked batting average in the league (.242).
- The Padres are ninth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .319.
- The Padres strike out 8.2 times per game, the No. 12 mark in baseball.
- The Padres average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (50 total in home contests).
- The Padres are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .367 at home.
- The team is batting .231 with 395 hits (7.5 per game) at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto has 85 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .410.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB, Soto is 101st in batting average, second in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging.
- Soto hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a home run, nine walks and an RBI.
- Josh Bell has an OPS of .876, fueled by an OBP of .385 and a team-best slugging percentage of .491 this season.
- Among qualifying batters, Bell ranks 18th in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging percentage.
- Manny Machado has 107 hits this season and has a slash line of .293/.367/.515.
- Jurickson Profar has 12 home runs, 47 RBI and a batting average of .258 this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies’ 95 home runs rank 23rd in Major League Baseball.
- The Rockies have a team batting average of .260 this season, which ranks second among MLB teams.
- The Rockies are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking fifth with an OBP of .323.
- The Rockies have shown patience at the plate this season with the ninth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.9) among MLB offenses.
- In 50 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 0.6 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .345 in away games this season with 123 extra-base hits.
- In 50 road games this season, they have a batting average of .232 while averaging eight base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has racked up a slugging percentage of .514 and has 112 hits, both team-best figures for the Rockies.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Cron’s batting average is 38th, his on-base percentage is 70th, and he is 15th in slugging.
- Charlie Blackmon has 17 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 25 walks while batting .266.
- Blackmon’s batting average ranks 55th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 96th, and he is 48th in slugging.
- Brendan Rodgers has 23 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 28 walks while hitting .282.
- Jose Iglesias’ .351 on-base percentage paces his team.
Padres vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers