Table of Contents
The Atlanta Braves (64-46) have lost three games in a row as they ready to play the Boston Red Sox (54-56), who have fallen in two in a row. The Braves are favored (-125) to end their streak in Tuesday’s outing, which starts at 7:10 PM ET at Fenway Park. Charlie Morton starts for Atlanta, and Rich Hill is Boston’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are second-best in baseball with 167 total home runs.
- The Braves have the 11th-ranked batting average in the majors (.249).
- The Braves rank 18th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .312.
- Braves batters strike out 9.4 times per game, the 29th-most in the league.
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game when playing on the road this season (78 total in road contests).
- The Braves are slugging .433 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game in road contests.
- The club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .242 away from home this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta in OBP (.358), slugging percentage (.584) and total hits (125) this season.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Riley’s batting average ranks 23rd, his on-base percentage ranks 30th, and he is fifth in slugging.
- Matt Olson has 36 doubles, 21 home runs and 54 walks while batting .248.
- Olson is 88th in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage and 24th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .292 with a .461 slugging percentage and 58 RBI this year.
- Marcell Ozuna has been key for Atlanta with 85 hits, an OBP of .267 plus a slugging percentage of .392.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 107 home runs.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .253 this season, which ranks sixth among MLB teams.
- The Red Sox have an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Red Sox rank 17th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
- In 53 games at home this season, they’ve hit 59 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They are slugging .436 in 53 home games this season.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .263 as a team at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has totaled 117 hits, a team-high for the Red Sox.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Devers’ batting average places him fourth, his on-base percentage is 18th, and he is fourth in slugging.
- Xander Bogaerts paces his team with a .383 on-base percentage, and has a club-leading .452 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Bogaerts is seventh in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .268 with 24 doubles, seven home runs and 23 walks.
- J.D. Martinez is hitting .281 with 34 doubles, nine home runs and 34 walks.
Braves vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers