Table of Contents
The Chicago Cubs and Nico Hoerner will face Paolo Espino and the Washington Nationals on Tuesday at 8:05 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Hoerner Props for Cubs vs Nationals
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Hoerner in 2022
- Hoerner leads the Cubs with a .296 batting average.
- Hoerner ranks 202nd in homers and 160th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Hoerner has a hit in 69.2% of his 91 games this year, with multiple base knocks in 25.3% of those contests (23).
- Hoerner has homered in six games this season (91 opportunities, 6.6%), going deep in 1.7% of his trips to the plate.
Last Five Games
Nationals Pitching in 2022
- Espino gets the start for the Nationals, his 11th of the season. He is 0-4 with a 4.20 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 70 2/3 innings pitched.
- In 30 games this season, the 35-year-old has put up a 4.20 ERA and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .275 to his opponents.
- The 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Nationals pitching staff ranks 22nd in the league.
- Nationals pitchers combine to give up 171 total home runs at a clip of 1.5 per game (most in baseball).