Table of Contents
Pete Alonso will hit the field for the New York Mets against Mike Minor and the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday. First pitch is at 7:10 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Alonso Props for Mets vs Reds
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
Alonso in 2022
- Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (29) and runs batted in (95).
- In MLB, Alonso ranks fourth in homers and second in RBI.
- In 71 of 109 games this year (65.1%) Alonso has gotten a hit, and 31 of those contests (28.4%) he posted at least two.
- Alonso has homered in 26 games this season (109 opportunities, 23.9%), leaving the ballpark in 6.2% of his trips to home plate.
Last Five Games
Reds Pitching in 2022
- Minor makes the start for the Reds, his 12th of the season. He is 1-8 with a 6.19 ERA and 51 strikeouts in 56 2/3 innings pitched.
- In 11 games this season, the 34-year-old has a 6.19 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .279 to opposing hitters.
- The nine strikeouts per nine innings compiled by the Reds pitching staff ranks sixth in MLB.
- Reds pitchers combine to allow 146 total home runs at a rate of 1.4 per game (second-most in baseball).