Table of Contents
The Arizona Diamondbacks (50-60) host the Pittsburgh Pirates (45-66) on Thursday at 3:40 PM ET. The Diamondbacks are favored on the moneyline (-187) against the underdog Pirates (+158). Arizona’s Merrill Kelly starts against Pittsburgh’s JT Brubaker.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Diamondbacks vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Game Time: 3:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks are 14th in MLB play with 123 total home runs.
- The Diamondbacks rank 26th in MLB with a .228 batting average.
- The Diamondbacks are 23rd in the league with an on-base percentage of .306.
- The Diamondbacks’ 8.3 strikeouts per game rank 13th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks average 0.9 homers per home game this season (53 total at home).
- The Diamondbacks have a .373 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 7.4 hits per game and is batting .232 at home this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has 81 hits, which is tops among Arizona hitters this season, while batting .211 with 42 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Walker’s batting average ranks 144th, his on-base percentage ranks 110th, and he is 45th in slugging.
- Walker hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .471 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- Ketel Marte leads the Diamondbacks with an OPS of .788. He has a slash line of .260/.345/.443 this season.
- Marte is 68th in batting average, 47th in on-base percentage and 57th in slugging in the majors.
- Marte enters this game looking to extend his six-game hit streak. During his last 10 outings he is batting .211 with two doubles, two walks and six RBI.
- Daulton Varsho is batting .240 with a .430 slugging percentage and 52 RBI this year.
- Josh Rojas has been key for Arizona with 77 hits, an OBP of .344 plus a slugging percentage of .401.
- Rojas has safely hit in six games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .220 with three doubles, two walks and three RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 110 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an OBP of just .289 this season, which ranks 28th in MLB.
- The Pirates rank just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 whiffs per contest.
- In 58 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .357 in away games this season with 147 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.2 base hits per game and batting .217 on the road this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has accumulated a team-best OBP (.343), and leads the Pirates in hits (89).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, Reynolds is 73rd in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging percentage.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes paces his team with a .357 slugging percentage.
- Hayes’ batting average ranks 92nd among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 89th, and he is 132nd in slugging.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .243 with 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 32 walks.
- Michael Chavis is batting .249 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 13 walks.
Diamondbacks vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers