Table of Contents
A pair of MLB’s best hitters square off when the Los Angeles Dodgers (76-33) and the Minnesota Twins (57-52) meet at 10:10 PM ET on Wednesday at Dodger Stadium. Freddie Freeman has a .323 batting average (third in MLB) for the favored Dodgers (-171), while Luis Arraez ranks first in MLB play hitting .329 this season for the underdog Twins (+144). Los Angeles’ Ryan Pepiot starts against Minnesota’s Sonny Gray.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Dodgers vs. Twins
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Dodgers Stats & Trends
- The Dodgers average 1.3 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB play with 140 total home runs.
- The Dodgers’ .261 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers lead the league with a .336 on-base percentage.
- The Dodgers strike out 8.2 times per game, the No. 11 mark in baseball.
- The Dodgers average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (70 total in home outings).
- The Dodgers are slugging .453 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .258.
Dodgers Key Batters
- Freeman has an OPS of .924, fueled by an OBP of .400 to go with a slugging percentage of .524. All three of those stats rank first among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, Freeman’s batting average ranks third, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is 11th in slugging.
- Freeman has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with two walks and three RBI.
- Trea Turner is hitting .306 with 29 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 28 walks.
- Among all qualifying players, Turner ranks eighth in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage and 18th in slugging percentage.
- Turner brings a five-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .318 with two doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Mookie Betts leads Los Angeles in total hits (105) this season, and 48 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Betts heads into this matchup with five games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .429 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and three RBI.
- Will Smith has 16 home runs, 61 RBI and a batting average of .275 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 134 home runs.
- The Twins rank eighth in MLB with a .251 team batting average.
- The Twins have an OBP of .320 this season, which ranks eighth in MLB.
- The Twins rank 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
- In 53 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 66 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .419 in away games this season with 167 extra-base hits.
- In 53 road games this season, they have a batting average of .252 while averaging 8.7 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Arraez has accumulated a .394 on-base percentage and a .436 slugging percentage, both team-high averages for the Twins.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, Arraez is first in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage and 63rd in slugging percentage.
- Arraez brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .292 with three doubles and two RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is hitting .237 with 14 doubles, 14 home runs and 58 walks.
- Polanco is currently 117th in batting average, 37th in on-base percentage and 92nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Byron Buxton has 68 hits, a team-best for the Twins.
- Carlos Correa is hitting .265 with 15 doubles, 13 home runs and 37 walks.
Dodgers vs. Twins Probable Pitchers