Table of Contents
J.P. Crawford will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 97) when the Seattle Mariners (60-52) play the New York Yankees (71-40) on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET. The Mariners are underdogs (-100) versus the Yankees (-119). Nestor Cortes starts for New York while Seattle will counter with Robbie Ray.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees average 1.7 home runs per game and have hit a league-best 188 home runs in total.
- The Yankees have the 14th-ranked batting average in the majors (.245).
- The Yankees’ .331 on-base percentage ranks second-best in baseball.
- The Yankees strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 15 average in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.6 homers per game when playing away from home this season (86 total in road outings).
- The Yankees are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game while slugging .438 on the road.
- The team is batting .253 with 485 hits (8.8 per game) on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in OBP (.393), slugging percentage (.675) and total hits (123) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in the majors, Judge’s batting average ranks 12th, his on-base percentage ranks sixth, and he is first in slugging.
- Judge has hit safely in five straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and five RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 16 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 48 walks while hitting .227.
- Among qualifiers, Rizzo ranks 127th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 14th in slugging percentage.
- DJ LeMahieu has 108 hits this season and has a slash line of .286/.388/.429.
- Andrew Benintendi has been key for New York with 118 hits, an OBP of .380 plus a slugging percentage of .386.
- Benintendi enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with four doubles, a walk and three RBI.
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners rank 12th in Major League Baseball with 124 home runs.
- The Mariners have a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Mariners have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Mariners rank 20th with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
- In 56 games at home this season, they’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .376 in home games this season with 146 extra-base hits.
- In 56 home games this season, they have a batting average of .228 while averaging 7.4 base hits per contest.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France has an on-base percentage of .368 and a slugging percentage of .463. Both lead the Mariners.
- Including all qualifying hitters in MLB, France’s batting average puts him 16th, his on-base percentage is 17th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Crawford is hitting .255 with 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 39 walks.
- Including all qualifying players, Crawford ranks 77th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 133rd in slugging percentage.
- Jesse Winker has 14 doubles, 11 home runs and 64 walks while batting .229.
- Adam Frazier has 16 doubles, a triple, three home runs and 35 walks while hitting .243.
Yankees vs. Mariners Probable Pitchers