Table of Contents
Brandon Drury is just one hit away from his 100th of the season as his San Diego Padres (62-51) ready for a matchup against the San Francisco Giants (54-56) on Wednesday at 4:10 PM ET. The Padres are favored (-163) over the Giants (+139). Sean Manaea starts for San Diego while San Francisco will counter with Jakob Junis.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Giants
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 23rd in MLB action with 99 total home runs .
- The Padres’ .240 batting average ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Padres are 11th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .316.
- The Padres strike out 8.2 times per game to rank 14th in baseball.
- The Padres average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (52 total in home outings).
- The Padres are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game while slugging .369 at home.
- The club averages 7.5 hits per game and is batting .232 at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Juan Soto leads San Diego in OBP (.413) this season, fueled by 92 hits.
- Among qualified batters, Soto ranks 82nd in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is 21st in slugging.
- Soto hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Manny Machado leads San Diego with 113 hits. He is batting .290 this season and has 44 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifiers, Machado ranks 29th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage and 15th in slugging percentage.
- Machado heads into this game looking to extend his two-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
- Josh Bell has hit 14 homers with a team-high .480 SLG this season.
- Jurickson Profar has been key for San Diego with 100 hits, an OBP of .344 plus a slugging percentage of .416.
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants’ 128 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- The Giants’ .235 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- The Giants have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- The Giants rank 24th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 65 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 54 road contests this season.
- In 54 road games this season, they’re slugging .390 with 159 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .230 with 7.9 base hits per contest.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has accumulated 89 hits with a .334 on-base percentage and a .444 slugging percentage, all club-bests for the Giants.
- Including all qualified players in the majors, Flores’ batting average puts him 86th, his on-base percentage ranks 65th, and he is 59th in slugging.
- Flores enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is hitting .214 with three walks.
- Thairo Estrada has 17 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 18 walks while batting .269.
- Estrada is currently 51st in batting average, 93rd in on-base percentage and 81st in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .220 with 20 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 42 walks.
- Joc Pederson is batting .245 with 12 doubles, 17 home runs and 27 walks.
Padres vs. Giants Probable Pitchers