Table of Contents
After he reached base in his only plate appearance in his most recent outing (going 1-for-1), Bobby Witt Jr. and the Kansas City Royals take on Tony Gonsolin and the Los Angeles Dodgers on Friday at 8:10 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Witt Jr. Props for Royals vs Dodgers
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Witt Jr. in 2022
- Witt Jr. has accumulated a team-high batting average of .256 and leads the Royals in runs batted in (57).
- Among hitters in baseball, Witt Jr. ranks 56th in home runs and 40th in RBI.
- Witt Jr. has tallied a hit 68 times this year in 102 games played (66.7%), including 27 multi-hit games (26.5%).
- Witt Jr. has hit a long ball in 13.7% of his games this season (102 contests), going deep in 3.6% of his trips to home plate.
Last Five Games
|White Sox||August 11||1-for-1||2||0||0||0||0||1|
|White Sox||August 10||2-for-4||1||0||1||0||1||0|
|White Sox||August 9||0-for-4||0||0||0||1||0||0|
|White Sox||August 9||0-for-4||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Red Sox||August 7||1-for-4||0||0||1||0||1||0|
Dodgers Pitching in 2022
- Gonsolin (13-1) gets the starting nod for the Dodgers in his 21st start of the season. He has a 2.30 ERA in 109 2/3 innings pitched, with 102 strikeouts.
- The 28-year-old has a 2.30 ERA and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings in 20 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .178 to opposing hitters.
- The 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Dodgers pitching staff ranks ninth in MLB.
- The Dodgers surrender the second-fewest home runs in baseball (96 total, 0.9 per game).