Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds (44-67) take a four-game losing streak into a home matchup against the Chicago Cubs (46-65) on Saturday at 6:40 PM ET. The Reds are favored (-115) to end the streak against the underdog Cubs (-105). Graham Ashcraft starts for Cincinnati while Chicago will counter with Adrian Sampson.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Stadium: Great American Ball Park
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 20th in baseball with 104 total home runs .
- The Reds’ .238 batting average ranks 20th in the majors.
- The Reds are 21st in the league with an on-base percentage of .308.
- The Reds strike out 8.9 times per game, the fourth-worst mark in baseball.
- The Reds average 1.2 homers per home game this season (67 total at home).
- The Reds are averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .419 in home contests.
- The team is batting .253 with 473 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer leads Cincinnati with a slugging percentage of .368, fueled by 26 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Farmer is 80th in batting average, 81st in on-base percentage, and 121st in slugging.
- Farmer has hit safely in four games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .316 with a walk.
- Joey Votto leads Cincinnati with 66 hits and an OBP of .335 this season.
- Among qualifiers, Votto ranks 137th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 105th in slugging percentage.
- Nick Senzel has 68 hits this season and has a slash line of .244/.300/.312.
- Albert Almora Jr. has five home runs, 29 RBI and a batting average of .230 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 108 home runs rank 19th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs rank 14th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Cubs have an OBP of .318 this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 25th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 53 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 52 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- In 53 road games this season, they’re slugging .379 with 153 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging eight base hits per game and batting .233 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Willson Contreras has a team-best OBP (.362), and paces the Cubs in hits (88).
- Including all the qualified players in the majors, Contreras ranks 91st in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage and 45th in slugging percentage.
- Ian Happ is slugging .434 to lead his team.
- Happ ranks 39th in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 66th in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Nico Hoerner has 14 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 18 walks while hitting .299.
- Patrick Wisdom has 22 doubles, 20 home runs and 48 walks while batting .220.
Reds vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers