Ke’Bryan Hayes will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when his Pittsburgh Pirates (45-67) play the San Francisco Giants (54-57) on Friday at 10:15 PM ET. The Pirates are underdogs (+226) versus the Giants (-275). Carlos Rodon takes the mound first for San Francisco, and Bryse Wilson is Pittsburgh’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Friday, August 12, 2022
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants are 10th in baseball with 129 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- The Giants’ .235 batting average ranks 23rd in the majors.
- The Giants are ninth in baseball with a .319 on-base percentage.
- The Giants strike out 8.7 times per game, the No. 20 mark in baseball.
- The Giants average 1.1 homers per home game this season (63 total at home).
- The Giants are slugging .396 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .239.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores has 90 hits and an OBP of .335 to go with a slugging percentage of .441. All three of those stats are best among San Francisco hitters this season.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, Flores’ batting average ranks 87th, his on-base percentage ranks 66th, and he is 59th in slugging.
- Flores has recorded a base hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .267 with three walks and an RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .268 with 17 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 18 walks.
- Among qualifying hitters, Estrada’s batting average ranks him 52nd, his on-base percentage 95th, and his slugging percentage 83rd.
- Estrada takes a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has 71 hits this season and has a slash line of .221/.319/.396.
- Joc Pederson has been key for San Francisco with 66 hits, an OBP of .327 plus a slugging percentage of .494.
- Pederson heads into this game on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .385 with a double, two walks and two RBI.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates have hit 110 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .289.
- The Pirates rank just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.3 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 58 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 59 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .354 in 59 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .216 with 7.2 base hits per contest.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has racked up a team-best OBP (.342), while leading the Pirates in hits (90).
- Including all qualifying players in MLB, Reynolds is 73rd in batting average, 53rd in on-base percentage and 53rd in slugging percentage.
- Reynolds enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, four walks and an RBI.
- Hayes is slugging .358 to pace his team.
- Hayes is 87th in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage and 131st in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Ben Gamel is hitting .240 with 16 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 33 walks.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .248 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 13 walks.
Giants vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers