Table of Contents
Ke’Bryan Hayes has 98 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his Pittsburgh Pirates (45-68) take on the San Francisco Giants (55-57) on Saturday at 9:05 PM ET. The Pirates are the underdog (+196) in this matchup with the Giants (-242). San Francisco has Logan Webb starting, while Pittsburgh counters with Tyler Beede.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Giants vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Saturday, August 13, 2022
- Game Time: 9:05 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
Giants Stats & Trends
- The Giants average 1.2 home runs per game to rank 10th in MLB action with 130 total home runs.
- The Giants rank 24th in MLB with a .235 batting average.
- The Giants’ .319 on-base percentage ranks ninth-best in baseball.
- The Giants’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 18th in the league.
- The Giants average 1.1 homers per home game this season (64 total at home).
- The Giants are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game while slugging .396 at home.
- At home this season the team averages 7.8 hits per game and is batting .239.
Giants Key Batters
- Wilmer Flores leads San Francisco with 91 hits and an OBP of .337, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .440.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Flores ranks 86th in batting average, 63rd in on-base percentage, and 59th in slugging.
- Flores hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .286 with three walks and an RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has 17 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 18 walks while batting .268.
- Estrada’s batting average is 51st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 99th, and his slugging percentage 84th.
- Estrada enters this game looking to extend his five-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with a double, a home run and four RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .225 with a .409 slugging percentage and 44 RBI this year.
- Yastrzemski brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with two doubles, three home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Joc Pederson has been key for San Francisco with 66 hits, an OBP of .327 plus a slugging percentage of .491.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 17th in Major League Baseball with 113 home runs.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .220 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 28th with an OBP of .289.
- The Pirates rank 28th in strikeouts per game (9.3) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 60 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .358 in 60 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.2 base hits per game and batting .217 on the road this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has put up an on-base percentage of .338 and has 90 hits, both team-best numbers for the Pirates.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Reynolds ranks 83rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 61st and he is 56th in slugging.
- Hayes’ .358 slugging percentage leads his team.
- Hayes is 89th in batting average, 88th in on-base percentage and 133rd in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Ben Gamel has 16 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 33 walks while hitting .244.
- Michael Chavis is hitting .246 with 11 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 13 walks.
Giants vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers