Table of Contents
The Detroit Tigers (43-73) will try to stop a seven-game losing streak when they visit the Cleveland Guardians (61-53) on Monday at 3:10 PM ET. The Tigers (+171) are not projected to end the streak against the Guardians (-205). Cleveland has Aaron Civale set to start, while Detroit will send out Drew Hutchison.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Monday, August 15, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- TV Channel: BSGL
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit 90 home runs this season, the second-lowest total in MLB play.
- The Guardians have the eighth-best batting average in the majors (.252).
- The Guardians rank 16th in baseball with a .314 on-base percentage.
- The Guardians strike out the least in baseball, averaging 6.9 per game.
- The Guardians average 0.6 homers per game when playing at home this season (32 total in home outings).
- The Guardians have a .364 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .248 at home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (119) this season while batting .282 with 62 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Ramirez is 32nd in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging.
- Amed Rosario has hit eight homers this season while driving in 49 runs. He’s batting .288 this season.
- Rosario’s batting average ranks 26th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 83rd, and his slugging percentage 83rd.
- Rosario has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Steven Kwan has collected 110 base hits, an OBP of .371 and a slugging percentage of .389 this season.
- Andres Gimenez leads Cleveland with an OBP of .375 this season while batting .307 with 21 walks and 45 runs scored.
- Gimenez takes a seven-game hitting streak into this game. During his last nine outings he is hitting .333 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 67 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .225 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .282 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Tigers rank 27th in strikeouts per game (8.8) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 58 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .309 in away games this season with 120 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .211 with seven base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has totaled 88 hits, a team-best for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified players in the big leagues, Baez’s batting average ranks 123rd, his on-base percentage ranks 143rd, and he is 113th in slugging.
- Baez hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
- Harold Castro is batting .286 with 15 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .202 with 18 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 15 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .200 with 11 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 21 walks.
Guardians vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers