Table of Contents
The Houston Astros and Yordan Alvarez will take on Lucas Giolito and the Chicago White Sox on Thursday at 2:10 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Alvarez Props for Astros vs White Sox
- Game Day: Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
Alvarez in 2022
- Alvarez leads the Astros with 31 home runs and has put up a team-high batting average of .296.
- In MLB play, Alvarez ranks third in home runs and 10th in RBI.
- In 63 of 101 games this year (62.4%) Alvarez has recorded a hit, and 31 of those contests (30.7%) he posted at least two.
- Alvarez has hit a long ball in 26.7% of his games this season (101 contests), leaving the ballpark in 7.3% of his trips to the dish.
Last Five Games
|White Sox||August 17||1-for-2||1||0||1||0||1||0|
|White Sox||August 16||1-for-4||0||0||0||2||1||0|
|White Sox||August 15||0-for-2||0||0||1||0||0||0|
White Sox Pitching in 2022
- Giolito will look to grab his 10th win when he makes the start for the White Sox, his 22nd of the season. He is 9-6 with a 4.92 ERA and 127 strikeouts through 113 1/3 innings pitched.
- The 28-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.92, with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in 21 games this season. Opponents are hitting .284 against him.
- The 9.1 strikeouts per nine innings compiled by the White Sox pitching staff ranks fourth in the league.
- White Sox pitchers combine to rank 15th in baseball in home runs allowed (124 total, 1.1 per game).