Table of Contents
Ryan Mountcastle sits at 99 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when the Baltimore Orioles (61-56) play the Chicago Cubs (49-67) on Thursday at 3:05 PM ET. The Orioles are favored (-158) over the Cubs (+134). Spenser Watkins gets the starting nod for Baltimore, and Adrian Sampson is Chicago’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Game Time: 3:05 PM ET
- TV Channel: MASN2
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles average one home run per game to rank 15th in MLB action with 120 total home runs .
- The Orioles have the 20th-ranked batting average in the majors (.237).
- The Orioles’ .305 on-base percentage is 23rd in the league.
- The Orioles strike out 8.7 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The Orioles average one home run per game when playing at home this season (52 total in home outings).
- The Orioles have a .387 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .241 with 430 hits (eight per game) at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins leads Baltimore with a slugging percentage of .399, fueled by 38 extra-base hits.
- Among the qualified hitters in the majors, Mullins’ batting average ranks 62nd, his on-base percentage ranks 88th, and he is 94th in slugging.
- Mullins will look for his third straight game with a hit in this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .263 with two home runs and three RBI.
- Anthony Santander has 105 hits and an OBP of .338, both of which lead the Orioles this season.
- Santander is 71st in batting average, 59th in on-base percentage and 51st in slugging in the majors.
- Austin Hays is batting .253 with a .419 slugging percentage and 49 RBI this year.
- Mountcastle has 16 home runs, 57 RBI and a batting average of .248 this season.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs’ 118 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- The Cubs’ .244 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 25th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- In 58 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 62 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .389 in away games this season with 176 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.1 base hits per game and batting .233 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Ian Happ has a .449 slugging percentage, which paces the Cubs.
- Happ is 35th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Willson Contreras leads his team with 90 hits and a .357 on-base percentage.
- Including all qualified hitters, Contreras ranks 95th in batting average, 28th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging percentage.
- Nico Hoerner is hitting .304 with 18 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 22 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .219 with 23 doubles, 21 home runs and 49 walks.
Orioles vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers