Table of Contents
Jose Miranda takes a two-game home run streak into the Minnesota Twins’ (62-55) matchup against the Texas Rangers (53-66). The Twins are favored on the moneyline (-179) in this matchup against the Rangers (+151), which starts at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday at Target Field. Chris Archer starts for Minnesota while Texas will counter with Glenn Otto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Saturday, August 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are eighth-best in baseball with 144 total home runs.
- The Twins’ .251 batting average is 10th-best in the majors.
- The Twins’ .321 on-base percentage is seventh-best in the league.
- Twins batters strike out 8.1 times per game, the ninth-fewest strikeouts in the league.
- The Twins average 1.2 homers per home game this season (72 total at home).
- The Twins are averaging 2.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .415 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .252.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez leads Minnesota in OBP (.400), slugging percentage (.448) and OPS (.848) this season.
- Arraez is second in batting average, third in on-base percentage, and 47th in slugging among qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Arraez hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .300 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is hitting .236 with 15 doubles, 15 home runs and 60 walks.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Polanco ranks 113th in batting average, 46th in on-base percentage and 90th in slugging percentage.
- Polanco takes a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .222 with a double, a walk and an RBI.
- Byron Buxton leads Minnesota in total hits (75) this season, and 44 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Carlos Correa is batting .269 with a .351 OBP and 39 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 141 home runs.
- The Rangers rank 16th in MLB with a .241 team batting average.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- In 58 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 70 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- In 58 road games this season, they’re slugging .398 with 166 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .242 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has racked up 110 hits, a team-high for the Rangers.
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Seager is 85th in batting average, 75th in on-base percentage and 35th in slugging percentage.
- Marcus Semien is hitting .232 with 18 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 42 walks.
- Semien is currently 117th in batting average, 127th in on-base percentage and 99th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Adolis Garcia has 23 doubles, four triples, 19 home runs and 29 walks while batting .254.
- Nate Lowe has a .341 on-base percentage while slugging .463. Both pace his team.
Twins vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers