Table of Contents
The Pittsburgh Pirates (47-72) host the Cincinnati Reds (46-71) on Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. The Pirates are favored (-145) against the underdog Reds (+124). Tyler Beede starts for Pittsburgh, and Justin Dunn is Cincinnati’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Pirates vs. Reds
- Game Day: Saturday, August 20, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates average 1.0 home run per game to rank 18th in MLB play with 117 total home runs .
- The Pirates’ .222 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Pirates’ .289 on-base percentage is the third-worst in baseball.
- The Pirates strike out 9.3 times per game, the third-worst average in the league.
- The Pirates average 1.0 home run per game when playing at home this season (55 total in home contests).
- The Pirates are slugging .369 with 2.5 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .226.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in OBP (.350), slugging percentage (.476) and total hits (100) this season.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, Reynolds is 56th in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage, and 29th in slugging.
- Reynolds has recorded at least one hit in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .474 with a double, four home runs, two walks and 11 RBI.
- Ben Gamel is batting .248 with 18 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 34 walks.
- Gamel brings a four-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. In his last five games he is batting .350 with two doubles, a walk and eight RBI.
- Michael Chavis has collected 76 base hits, an OBP of .278 and a slugging percentage of .417 this season.
- Chavis heads into this matchup with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .250 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Kevin Newman has been key for Pittsburgh with 52 hits, an OBP of .323 plus a slugging percentage of .378.
- Newman takes a five-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .500 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit 110 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Reds’ .239 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .307 this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Reds rank 23rd with an average of 9.0 strikeouts per game.
- In 55 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 39 homers, an average of 0.7 per contest.
- In 55 road games this season, they’re slugging .331 with 117 hits going for extra bases.
- In 55 road games this season, they have a batting average of .223 while averaging 7.4 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has accumulated 95 hits with a .333 on-base percentage and a .373 slugging percentage, all club-highs for the Reds.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Farmer’s batting average places him 56th, his on-base percentage is 67th, and he is 119th in slugging.
- Nick Senzel is hitting .243 with 11 doubles, four home runs and 20 walks.
- Jonathan India has 11 doubles, eight home runs and 12 walks while hitting .244.
- Mike Moustakas is hitting .201 with 11 doubles, six home runs and 24 walks.
Pirates vs. Reds Probable Pitchers