Table of Contents
Aaron Nola tries for his 10th victory of the season when the Philadelphia Phillies (72-57) visit the Arizona Diamondbacks (60-67). The Phillies are favored in the matchup (-138) against the Diamondbacks (+117), and first pitch is at 9:40 PM ET on Tuesday. Philadelphia’s Nola starts against Arizona’s Zac Gallen.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 30, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies are sixth in MLB play with 163 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- The Phillies’ .252 batting average is ninth-best in the majors.
- The Phillies rank 14th in the league with an on-base percentage of .315.
- The Phillies’ 8.4 strikeouts per game rank 14th in baseball.
- The Phillies have hit 76 homers on the road this season (1.3 per game).
- The Phillies are averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .408 on the road.
- The club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .247 away from home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (98) this season while batting .214 with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in MLB, Schwarber ranks 133rd in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage, and 17th in slugging.
- Rhys Hoskins has 118 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .341.
- Hoskins is 88th in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging in the major leagues.
- Hoskins enters this matchup looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is batting .350 with a double, a walk and five RBI.
- J.T. Realmuto has 107 hits this season and has a slash line of .268/.337/.454.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia in slugging percentage (.410) thanks to 32 extra-base hits.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 138 homers this season, which ranks 14th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks rank 26th in MLB with a team batting average of just .229.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .308 this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Diamondbacks rank 10th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.1 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 65 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .373 in home games this season with 170 extra-base hits.
- In 65 home games this season, they have a batting average of .233 while averaging 7.4 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has accumulated 101 hits with a .473 slugging percentage, both team-high stats for the Diamondbacks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Walker ranks 124th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 81st and he is 29th in slugging.
- Ketel Marte leads his team with a .421 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Marte is 84th in batting average, 61st in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .237 with 19 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 40 walks.
- Josh Rojas leads his team with a .353 on-base percentage.
Phillies vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers