Table of Contents
Star quarterback Logan Bonner and the Utah State Aggies (1-0) meet the Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday at 7:30 PM ET, at Bryant-Denny Stadium.
The Aggies are expected to lose by at least two TDs (currently +41.5) against the Crimson Tide (with an over/under of 62 points).
Game Info and Betting Lines for Alabama vs. Utah State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: SEC Network
- Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Stadium: Bryant-Denny Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Alabama Betting Insights
- Alabama went 8-7-0 ATS last season.
- Alabama covered the spread twice when favored by 41.5 points or more last season (in three opportunities).
- Alabama games hit the over six out of 15 times last season.
Alabama Stats & Insights
- Last year, Alabama averaged 15.5 more points per game (39.9) than Utah State gave up (24.4).
- Alabama was 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall last season when the team recorded more than 24.4 points.
- When Utah State allowed fewer than 39.9 points last season, it had a 7-3 record against the spread and an 8-2 record overall.
- Alabama racked up 95.1 more yards per game (487.7) than Utah State allowed per outing (392.6) last season.
- In games that Alabama picked up more than 392.6 yards last year, the team was 6-3 against the spread and 8-1 overall.
- When Utah State held its opponents to less than 487.7 yards last year, it had a 9-3 record ATS and a 10-2 record overall.
- Last year Alabama rushed for 11.7 fewer yards per game (150.0) than Utah State allowed per contest (161.7).
- Alabama had a 5-0 ATS record and a 5-0 overall record when the team rushed for over 161.7 yards last season.
- Utah State was 7-1 against the spread and 7-1 overall when holding opponents to less than 150.0 rushing yards last season.
- Alabama had 13 giveaways last season, while Utah State had 21 takeaways.
Alabama’s Best Players
- Bryce Young’s previous season stat line: 4,865 passing yards (324.3 per game), 367-for-548 (67%), 47 touchdowns and seven picks.
- Last year Brian Robinson Jr. took 269 carries for 1,334 yards (88.9 per game) and scored 14 touchdowns. When it comes to receiving, he also caught 36 passes for 296 yards (19.7 per game) and collected two TDs.
- Trey Sanders put up 320 rushing yards on 73 carries and two touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Jameson Williams grabbed 79 passes (on 119 targets) for 1,572 yards (104.8 per game). He also found the end zone 15 times.
- John Metchie tacked on 1,135 yards on 96 grabs with eight touchdowns. He was targeted 130 times, and averaged 75.7 receiving yards per game.
- Cameron Latu grabbed 26 passes on 42 targets for 410 yards and eight touchdowns, averaging 27.3 receiving yards per game.
- Will Anderson Jr.’s hard work last season put up a stat line of 17.0 sacks, 27.0 TFL and 96 tackles.
- Henry To’o To’o went to work last year, collecting 98 tackles, 6.0 TFL, and four sacks.
- Last season DeMarcco Hellams had a huge stat line of three interceptions, 76 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and three passes defended.
Utah State Betting Insights
- Utah State went 10-4-0 ATS last year.
- Last year, six Utah State games went over the point total.
Utah State Stats & Insights
- Utah State put up 32.6 points per game last year, 12.5 more than Alabama surrendered (20.1).
- When Utah State scored more than 20.1 points last year, it was 8-1 against the spread and 9-0 overall.
- Alabama had a 6-4 record against the spread and a 10-0 record overall in games when it gave up fewer than 32.6 points last season.
- Utah State collected 446.6 yards per game last season, 143.4 more yards than the 303.2 Alabama gave up per matchup.
- In games that Utah State amassed over 303.2 yards last year, the team was 8-4 against the spread and 9-3 overall.
- Alabama had a 7-6 record ATS and an 11-2 record overall when holding its opponents to fewer than 446.6 yards last year.
- Last year Utah State ran for 57.5 more yards per game (143.6) than Alabama allowed per contest (86.1).
- Utah State had an 8-3 ATS record and a 9-2 overall record when the team rushed for more than 86.1 yards last season.
- Alabama was 8-6 against the spread and 12-2 overall when holding opponents to less than 143.6 rushing yards last season.
- Utah State turned the ball over one more time (22 total) than Alabama forced turnovers (21) last season.
Utah State’s Best Players
- Bonner connected on 61.2% of his passes and threw for 3,622 yards and 36 touchdowns last season.
- Calvin Tyler Jr. racked up seven rushing touchdowns on 63.1 yards per game last season.
- Elelyon Noa ran for four touchdowns on 603 yards a year ago.
- Deven Thompkins averaged 121.7 receiving yards and racked up 10 receiving touchdowns over the course of the 2021 season.
- Brandon Bowling averaged 59.6 receiving yards on 5.6 targets per game in 2021, scoring 10 touchdowns.
- Derek Wright averaged 56.4 receiving yards per game on 6.6 targets per game a season ago.
- Last year Nick Heninger racked up 8.0 sacks, 10.0 TFL and 53 tackles.
- Justin Rice had an impactful defensive performance last season with 103 tackles, 10.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and three interceptions.
- Ajani Carter collected three interceptions in addition to 31 tackles, two sacks, and three passes defended a year ago.